Books, books and more books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYCmitch25
    Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: by John Perkins. I rarely read but i recommend this to anyone.
    excellent read :bravonew:

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
      I love reading books. I would live at Borders bookstore if I could make a living at it. What have you read recently and what are you reading now? Do you like fiction or non-fiction? What books/authors are on your list to read?

Right now I'm reading Steven King's Dark Tower series. I'm on book #5, Wolves of the Calla. Good stuff. It's based on a Robert Browning poem "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came." I've never been a fan of his horror stuff, but this series is like a western/fantasy kind of thing. I love Louis Lamour's stuff so the western feel is cool, but it's not your typical western. I also loved the fantasy feel of Lord of the Rings so the combination of the two is great IMO. Of course it's got it's classic Steven King kind of weirdness in it, but I'm continually amazed at this guy's imagination. Incredible. Before I started this series, I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Grapes of Wrath.

I have on my list:

Herman Melville
      Dickens
      Tolstoy
      Dostoyevsky
      Robert Ludlum

I also would like to read some Norse and Icelandic mythology. Sounds pretty cool to me.
      Have you ever read House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski? That's my favorite book.

Comment

Has anyone read "No god but god" by Reza Aslan? I read piecies of it online and it looks interesting.

Comment

Working...
        X