Monday Night Football Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football Week 2

Been out of town for a week. Missed all the weekend games (posting not betting)

I will update my record on my next post

Tonight I like Jax and the Under

Jacksonville +3

The Steelers have been the league's best road team for the last two seasons going 13-3 SU and 11-5 ATS (6-3 as road favorites). After beating the Dolphins in the NFL's Thursday night opener, they visit Jacksonville to take on the Jags. The Jags beat the Steelers last year in Heinz Field, 23-17 in OT. Big Ben did not start that game and Tommy Maddox was terrible as his replacement. Maddox was just 11-of-28 for 154 yards with three INTs, the last of which was returned for the game-winning TD in OT.

Ben may play here, otherwise it's Batch. Batch played well in the opener (three TDPs) but the Steelers would surely prefer a healthy Big Ben. Pitt needs help at the WR position as the loss of Burress (two years ago) and then Randle-El last year, has left Ward as the only credible option. That will help an excellent Jax defense which had three INTs of Bledsoe in the opener. The Jags won 12 games LY and went 6-2 at home. Leftwich is very good at QB and Fred Taylor is a big-time player, although he was just 21-74 vs Dallas.

There are many questions surrounding Pitt tonight. Is Ben ready and can Batch match LW's performance if he's not? Is Parker ready for a breakout year (29-115 LW) or will the running game miss Bettis? Can either Wilson or Holmes (combined one catch for six yards LW) provide help at the WR position for Ward? In fact, there's too many questions, I'm jumping all over the home dog in this one.

Pittsburgh/Jax Under 36.5

Should be a tight low scoring game here as both teams try to establish the run. The game should be a little too fast for Ben tonight coming off all of his ailments. Should take him 2-3 games before he is really in sync.

---> :)

Comment

Working...
    X