Got books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got books?

So, I leave for Italy in 1 week...obviously there will be considerable time on a plane...I was just wondering if anyone has read any GREAT books lately..

The recent stuff I've read are "Flight 800" (Nelson DeMille)- loved it. And, "Everyone Worth Knowing (Lauren Weisberger, same author of Devil Wears Prada)....TOTALLY LOVED that one. I was doing a little looking, and came across The Black Dahlia...the one they made a movie about. I like the mysteries (Flight 800), and funny,light reading (Prada) ..any suggestions?

Have you ever read any David Baldacci? His books are good. James Patterson and Jeffrey Deaver, and Tami Hoag are good murder mystery authors. Patricia Cornwell is murder mystery also - all her books include the same character (a medical examiner). James Patterson has a series of womens club books - all of them are good reads. All of Dan Browns books are good also.

I'll have to check that book out (the one you loved). I think The Black Dahlia looks really goo too.
    Last edited by FitnessBrat; 09-20-06, 07:41 AM.

Comment

This thread sounds familiar, lol. Babyblues made a book thread recently that could give you a bunch of ideas.

Comment

I was going to add his link - but it didn't include any books that she inquired about. It was books from the 1400's, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
          I was going to add his link - but it didn't include any books that she inquired about. It was books from the 1400's, lol...
          Yeah, it didn't work out the way I had planned. I wanted people to list the books they were interested in and planned to read. The books I planned to read were classics, but I wanted to hear what other books or authors people were interested in. It wasn't supposed to be exclusively about classic literature.

Comment

I knew it wasn't your fault - but I did want to say why I didn't give RS the link.

I had hoped more would give recommendations/input as well...

I guess there aren't too many book nerds around SM :)

Comment

I knew it wasn't your fault - but I did want to say why I didn't give RS the link.

I had hoped more would give recommendations/input as well...

I guess there aren't too many book nerds around SM :)
              Well, I hope most of them can read at least. ;)

Comment

I'm a book nerd fb. :)

I've read a couple good ones recently. "Color of the Law" by Mark Gimenez was good. Also "The Broker" by John Grisham. As for an older book I recently read "Times Arrow" by Martin Amis is probably my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
                  Well, I hope most of them can read at least. ;)

I'm not always too sure of that....lol

Comment

Originally posted by meat12
                    I'm a book nerd fb. :)

I've read a couple good ones recently. "Color of the Law" by Mark Gimenez was good. Also "The Broker" by John Grisham. As for an older book I recently read "Times Arrow" by Martin Amis is probably my favorite.

Oh good - another nerd ;)

What type of book is "Times Arrow"?

I've never read John Grisham but I know people always have good things to say about his books.

Comment

Ok, I kind of got this thread off track, so I will try and get it back on. I was just giving her a place to look in case she missed that thread. Any more suggestions for RS?

Comment

Oh good - another nerd ;)

What type of book is "Times Arrow"?

I've never read John Grisham but I know people always have good things to say about his books.

"Times Arrow" is kinda similar to the movie Memento. It's written backwards it's pretty a intresting read.

John Grishams books are mainly legal thrillers. Some have been made to movies, The Firm, Runaway Jury and a bunch more.

Comment

the broker, is an enjoyable read, really liked it

color of law just started, it's okay so far, although for some reason, since i live in dallas, dallas locations kind of bore me

Comment

Originally posted by trip

color of law just started, it's okay so far, although for some reason, since i live in dallas, dallas locations kind of bore me

The Broker, was definately a fun read.

Yeah "Color of the Law" is pretty slow at the begining, half way threw it I was unsure because of how much time he spends on character development but it really gets going towards the end and I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by trip

I've read most of John Grisham's books, and after The Juror, I kind of had my fill. Great books, just pretty much the same story line

I did like Dan Brown's book...really liked Da Vinci Code, of course

FB- Devil Wears Prada & Everyone Worth Knowing are the BEST!!! REALLY good chick books. Can you give me a little more background to James Patterson's story lines?

Comment

Working...
                              X