• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Week 4

NCAA Record (8-12)
    NFL Record (8-3)

Tonight I like the Under & Virginia.

Keeping it short. I make this game no more than 10 points in Georgia Techs favor. Conference play, national television audience, two reasonably good defenses and a ton of points. Virginia has won the last 3 in this series and looks to turn around it's dissapointing start to the season. This has been an historically close series with 12 of the 23 conference meetings being decided by 8 points or less.

Trends:

• Cavaliers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as an underdog of 10.5 or greater.
    • Cavaliers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a road underdog of 10.5 or greater.
    • Cavaliers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. loss.
    • Cavaliers are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games after allowing less than 275 total yards in their previous game.
    • Cavaliers are 17-8 ATS in their last 25 games following a ATS loss
    • Yellow Jackets are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games as a favorite of 10.5 or greater.
    • Yellow Jackets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games as a home favorite of 10.5 or greater.
    • Yellow Jackets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 home games.
    • Yellow Jackets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as a home favorite.
    • Yellow Jackets are 0-3 ATS in their last 3 Thursday games.
    • Yellow Jackets are 0-3 ATS in their last 3 games following a S.U. win.
    • Georgia Tech is 6-14 against the spread at home against ACC foes the last 5 years.
    • Georgia Tech is 3-8 ATS on Thursday nights

Virginia +17.5
    Under 40.5

Final 24-7

double winner :)

Comment

Damn, you hit virginia and the points perfect.

Comment

NCAA Record (10-12)
        NFL Record (8-3)

Friday Night Game
        Northwestern @ Nevada

These are two teams heading in opposite directions. Northwestern is 2-1 and Nevada is 1-2. Nevada, the team from the smaller non-bcs conference with the losing record is a touchdown favorite. Nevada has played a tough schedule losing at Fresno State and losing at Arizona State. 2 pretty respectable teams. Nevada had their home opener last week against Colorado State and put a whoopin on them. The Nevada defense only gave up 3 points to the Colorado State offense. CSU's lone touchdown came on a blocked punt. Nevada held Colorado State to 4 of 14 on 3rd downs. Nevada has a future NFL quarterback on their team in Senior and 3rd year starter Jeff Rowe. He got his mojo back last week passing 210 yards completing 19 of 21 passes!! The Nevada running game has also been solid this year averaging 158 yards rushing per game. Last year Northwestern had one the top ranked passing attacks in the country and one of the highest scoring offenses. Not this year. They have a 2 headed monster at quarterback and both guys are redshirt freshman and neither are very good at passing the ball. Northwestern is having to depend on the run this year. They have run the ball almost 70% of the time. Nevadas defense only allowed 64 yards rushing last week against Colorado State. Northwestern is averaging 130 yards passing per game and 178 yards on the ground. Last week, while favored by 17 points, Northwestern sneaked out a win at home against mighty Eastern Michigan 14-6. Northwestern also got worked against Div 2 New hampshire 34-17. Northwestern did win their opener during an emotional game at Miami(oh) and im still not quite sure how they pulled that one off. Nevada will be the best team that Northwestern has faced all year. Northwestern will be the weakest team that Nevada has faced. Last week Nevada looked more like the 2005 version of the wolfpack team and the team that everyone was expecting showed back up. With Northwestern having to rely on the run and having mobile qb's Nevada will stack the box and have a spy on the northwestern qb all night long. Nevada will dare northwestern to throw the ball. Northwestern doesnt have that option, Nevada is too balanced.

Nevada -7

Comment

Here are the rest of my college plays for the weekend. No time for writeups here.

Min/Purdue OVER 65
          kent/bowl Green UNDER 48.5
          Tulsa +5
          Cin/VaTech UNDER 44.5
          BYU -28.5
          WashSt/Stanford OVER 53
          UCLA-3.5
          New Mexico +8.5
          Western Mich -27.5
          Notre Dame -3
          Troy +23
          Oklahoma/MidTenn OVER 43

Comment

Originally posted by Tinfish
            Here are the rest of my college plays for the weekend. No time for writeups here.

Min/Purdue OVER 65
            kent/bowl Green UNDER 48.5
            Tulsa +5
            Cin/VaTech UNDER 44.5
            BYU -28.5
            WashSt/Stanford OVER 53
            UCLA-3.5
            New Mexico +8.5
            Western Mich -27.5
            Notre Dame -3
            Troy +23
            Oklahoma/MidTenn OVER 43

...If I'm reading this correctly, you have Mich State beating ND by a field goal?? :(

Comment

What about the Wisconsin/Michigan game, or the USC/Arizona game?

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
                ...If I'm reading this correctly, you have Mich State beating ND by a field goal?? :(

Nope. I have Notre Dame winning by 3 pts

Comment

Originally posted by Tinfish
                  Nope. I have Notre Dame winning by 3 pts
                  Damn, how do you do that?

Comment

Working...
                  X