X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Week 6

19-18-1 YTD

Tuesday Night:

Football every night this week, does it get any better?
    Tonights game is a battle of CUSA powerhouses. These are 2 of the top 4 teams in the league and Tulsa is the defending CUSA champion. USM is playing in their 2nd Tuesday night game after escaping Central Florida last tuesday. They were able to win a big conference road game but in doing so, they didnt impress me all that much. Damion Fletcher, USM's freshman running back is solid, but im not convinced he is a game changer. Jeremy Young, USM quarterback is very inconistent. The USM defense is good as usual but due to some injuries and depth situations, if the offense can not keep them off the field they will wear down in the 4th quarter.

Tulsa is led by quarterback Paul Smith. He is probably the best quarterback you have never heard of. Tulsa's run defense will be tested tonight but to date, their pass defense has been solid. Tulsa will load up the box with 8 men and force Jeremy Young to beat them. Tulsa's balanced attack will not allow USM to do the same. Jeremy Young will have to complete some long balls to keep the Tulsa defense honest. If he is not able to do so, it could be a long night for USM. Tulsa will be taking the national stage tonight for the first time in a long time, a position that USM has become familar with over the past several seasons. With Tulsa being at home, their first conference game, out to prove that last year was not a fluke, and their huge advantage at the quarterback position I like Tulsa. This game will be close but in the end I see Tulsa pulling out a 10 point victory Tulsa 31 USM 21 Im on Tulsa

Tulsa -5

20-18-1 YTD

Wednesday Night:

UCF GOLDEN KNIGHTS @ MARSHALL THUNDERING HERD -3.5
    UCF (1-3, 0-1 C-USA) at Marshall (1-3, 1-0 home) @ 7:30 PM. *ESPN2

GAME NOTES: Two teams looking for their first conference victory will clash Wednesday evening in Huntington, as the Marshall Thundering Herd take on the UCF Golden Knights in a Conference-USA showdown. After opening the season with a 35-16 victory over the Villanova Wildcats, the Golden Knights have dropped three straight, including a heartbreaking 19-14 loss to Southern Mississippi this past Tuesday. Against teams currently in the C-USA, the Golden Knights have just a 10-11 record. As for the Thundering Herd, they opened their 2006 campaign with an embarrassing 42-10 loss to powerhouse West Virginia, but rebounded nicely with a solid 54-31 victory over Hofstra. Unfortunately Marshall could not continue its winning ways and dropped its next two contests by a combined score of 56-14. The Thundering Herd have a staggering 14-1 record in conference home-openers since the opening of the Joan C. Edwards Stadium back in 1991. Marshall has a 3-1 lead over the Golden Knights in the all-time series. UCF's lone victory over the Thundering Herd came last season by a 23-13 margin, which snapped a UCF 17-game losing streak.

Marshall has been atrocious defensively this season, but the team has had success in conference home-openers. Although the passing attack has struggled mightily, expect the Thundering Herd to have their best passing performance of the season against a UCF squad that has been dismal against the pass.

• CENFL are 5-15-1 ATS in their last 21 road games.

Comment

20-19-1 YTD

Friday & Saturday games:

Louisville -29
      Tonight I see a blowout in the works. I know Louisville is missing their 2 players that were supposed to lead this team to the promise land. In all honesty this is a very good team without those guys. I look for L-Ville to score early and often. I cant really explain the 4 pt. drop nor my power rankings having this at 26...I do not know if how they crushed North Texas has anything to do with this line. NT got pounded by Akron! An average OU offense put up 59 on this squad. I am not positive but I do not think that MTS has a huge homefield advantage. LVille comes into this game after a 2 week break and are looking to make a statement. You ask, "What kind of statement can they make against Middle Tennessee?" Not really sure if they can make a statement other than they can crush a bad team without their best player. To me, this has the makings to be a game like week 1 against Kentucky(blowout city). Louisville is 4-0 ATS this year while Mid Ten is 2-2(0-1 at home). Middle Tennessee will play this game with a short week while Louisville has been sitting and waiting. Bottom Line: Louisville does not get to play many games on national TV. With the way the national football scene is shaping up, it looks like there might be more than 2 undefeated teams. For LVille to get mentioned with those teams, they must crush an inferior opponent. I hate putting a ton of eggs in one basket BUT I am confident with LVille scoring 60 by themselves.

Miami - 18.5
      Yes I know I missed this line when it first came out but I still like this play and it will continue to rise IMO. Miami comes into this game just trying to stay above the Mendoza Line while UNC is searching. UNC is 1-3 (that 1 being a tough battle against Furman). That Furman win was a 3 point win in which they gave up 42 points! Miami should be thinking nothing less than a blowout in this game. I expect the Canes to get healthy and take out some frustration. This game has all the makings of a blowout!

Alabama - 27.5
      Well I do not know a ton about some of these SEC schools but I do know about Duke. This team is traditionally horrid and looked like it against VA last week. From what I hear, Bama is a little better offensively than they have been in the past. Bottom Line is that I do not see Puke's offense being able to score more than 3 on this defense!

Purdue/Iowa OVER 53.5
      This game features 2 powerful offenses who have the potential to put up 50 each. Purdue has scored at least 27 in 4 out of 5 games and has given up at least 21 every game. Though Iowa has not put up great numbers- they have a top knotch QB and the ability to score. I think this game will have points early and often.

Kansas + 3
      I do not really understand why A&M is favored in this game. The game features a home Kansas team who has played well throughout the season. They are 3-2 BUT come off two impressive games. They got beat by Nebraska in OT this past week and beat an underrated South Florida team the week before. Texas A&M is 4-1 but they have not beat anyone worth a poop. Their wins come against The Shitadel, Louisianna Lafayette, La Tech, and a narrow win against Army! I will take the home team in this one...

BYU -29
      Two teams going in different directions. BYU's offense is clicking and SDSU is mailing it in. Could be a 50 point victory here depending on mother nature.

Comment

Working...
      X