X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Week 5

15-8 YTD

Minnesota - 6
    OVER 37. Well of course I fade Minnesota and they burn me- then I bet them last week and they burn me. I think this is a good spot for them though. They come into this game with a 2-2 record and seem to be fading out of the 1 team division race. With a win in this game they will seperate themselves from GB and DET. Also, a win could give them a leg up on some teams that have struggled as far as the wild card. With all this being said the most important factor is that they are playing DET. Detroit has been able to do some things offensively BUT have not been able to stop anybody. In a fair weather game (dome), Minnesota should be able to score on this team. I also expect DET to put some points on the board. I see a 27-17 type game.

Carolina Cleveland OVER 37

Cleveland will continue to benefit offensively because of the maturation of Charlie Frye, Kellen Winslow, and Braylon Edwards. Also Rubeun Droughns finally had a good game (and yes I realize they played the Raiders). Carolina comes into this game on a 2 game winning streak. Offensively, they have seemed to finally get things together. Johnson and Smith will provide too much offense on the outside for this young Browns team. Bowden(who is banged up) will be on Smith so I look for Key to have another hyge game. The passing game will open up the run game for speedsters Foster and Williams. Also a key factor to look at is the Browns ST. Josh Cribbs has been phenominal (almost returned to Kickoffs for TDS) and so has Dennis NorthCut (almost a punt for a TD). The Browns also gave up big returns to the Raiders. Good field position will allow the Browns a chance to score IMO.

Jacksonville - 6.5
    OK whatever I am on the bandwagon now. Well not totally but at least with this line. The J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS come into this game after a gut wrenching loss to Indy. Yes I am impressed with the Jets but I think to much is being put into the Jets game against Indy. 1) they lossed the game 2) Mangini has "the plan" to stop Manning (think NE days). Jacksonville should be hungry after suffering back to back road losses. They should be able to come home and get healthy.

Arizona/ KC OVER 42
    KC comes into this game after hanging a 41 spot on San Fran. When looking on the defensive side of the ball, Zona is not that much better than the niners IMO. Arizona's numbers offensively do not look that impressive because they have played good defenses (ATL and SEA). Right now this looks like a lot of points....

OAK/SF OVER 39.5
    Both of these teams are pretty bad teams. They are both searching for anything positive. SF has young talent on the offensive side of the ball but OAK is searching for anything. OAK looked good offensively in the first half last week against Cleveland. The key to their offense is getting Lamont Jordan involved. When he gets things going in the passing/running game- things open up for the recievers. SF's defense has given up at least 34 points in 3 out of 4 games. They also have scored at least 20 in 3 out of 4 games. OAK has given up at least 24 in all of their games this year. This game has all the makings of NO DEFENSE IMO....

Pitt/SD UNDER 36.5
    Pitt offensively is just in the pitts this year. They miss the playmaker in Randal El and Burress. Their lack of a power back has put Rothlisberger in a position he has never been in- 3rd and longs. They are now asking Big Ben to throw the ball 25+ times a game! With this added pressure and nagging injuries he has not been able to come through. San Diego comes in with one of the top defenses in this league. The Steelers also have a tremendous defense. I expect this game to resemble the Pitt/ Jacksonville Monday Night game. Niether team will want to take risks with their young QBs. Each team will be satisfied to play the field position game IMO..... I look for a 17-9 type game

Philadelphia - 1
    Philly will come into this game with a 3-1 record. They have played well in every game and should be perfect. This game will have a college like atmosphere with the return of TO. I think Philly is the better team and I look for them to take this crucial division game. This also fits into the system of the home team as a PK or -1 in a division game

New Orleans - 6
    I do not know what it is BUT I am not really sold on this Saints team. I credit their win against Atlanta to the emotional aspect of the game. With that being said, they did play a Carolina team extremley tough. Also, Tampa Bay seems to be the team this year that will be the biggest disappointment. New Orleans should be able to use speed and another home game to their advantage. I tend to agree with Slingzz that New Orleans will roll.

Miami + 10.5 on the buy Love Miami in this situation. Last week NE torched a defense in Cincinatti that always gambles. Cinci is looked at as a good defense because of forced TOs. Last week they gambled but did not cash in. Miami's defense should be able to keep them in the game. NE has stumbled to a 3-1 record. I think this will be a tough game for them. Miami should cause problems for a team that somehow lacks playmakers (well Maroney might be one) outside of the QB. NEs defense is banged up- Also, Culpepper is bound to get his shit together one of these days.
Working...
X