• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football Week 5

Had a killer 8-2 day yesterday.

YTD (23-10)

Monday night:

Tonight I'm going with the Denver Broncos -5.5.

The Ravens are 4-0...great. They beat two hapless teams, (TB and OAK), kicked a 50 yd fg to win in Cleveland and beat the Chargers with 30 seconds left. This team probably should be 2-2 but they arent...so goes the NFL.

The Broncos are 2-1 and should be 3-0 but Jake was Bad Jake in St Louis...cant win with 5 turnovers...so goes the NFL.

Let me say that I loved this game all week...my favorite play. The game came down to a few variables for me:

-Shanahan with two weeks to prepare (i will take Shanahan off a bye week vs almost anyone in any spot)
    -Mile High Field...normal HF adv is 3, in Denver its more like 4.
    -Ray Lewis hates playing the Broncos...read an interview where he says he and his teammates are always conscious of the Broncos propensity for chop blocking. (read half a step slower)
    -my stats show 62% on Baltimore yet the line has risen from -3 (open) to -5.5 in most places.

IMO, Denver is the class of the AFC this year along with Jacksonville...

I think Billick will gamble some tonight...he loves the spotlight and wants to be seen as the "smarter" coach. I don't think he has the horses to gamble since Jamal will be taken away. If Baltimore wins or covers, it's because Jake makes mistakes. They are not a better team than Denver and even though they are 4-0, they are in the second tier of AFC teams while Denver is in the first tier.

your picks were great yesterday I should have looked here before I decide next time

Comment

Working...
    X