Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craig Titus & Kelly Ryan Investigation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Titus & Kelly Ryan Investigation....

man...this case keeps getting worse for them.

Bodybuilder and alleged murder-for-hire plot....

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5577254

The man accused in a murder-for-hire plot involving two Las Vegas bodybuilders appeared in court Monday morning. 34-year-old Nelson Brady is charged with three counts of solicitation to commit murder.

Police say Brady tried to hire an undercover detective to kill three witnesses in a murder case. Detectives say Brady paid an undercover detective $1,500 to kill three potential witnesses in the case involving Craig Titus and his wife Kelly Ryan. The two are accused of killing their personal assistant last December.

Nelson Brady made his first court appearance via closed circuit tv. Investigators say Brady met Craig Titus in jail and they struck up a deal to coordinate the murder of three people who would be testifying against Titus.

Titus and his wife, Kelly Ryan, are accused of killing their personal assistant, Melissa James, then burning her body in a car in the desert outside Las Vegas last December.

Melissa's family remembers her as someone who loved people and loved to dance. She had opened several dance studios in Panama City Beach.

Detectives allege that Nelson Brady met with an undercover detective posing as a hit man in May. They say he then paid $1,500 as a down payment to have the three potential witnesses in the Titus murder case killed.

A law enforcement source tells News 3 that one of those witnesses on the hit-list was Anthony Gross. Gross is accused of helping Titus and Ryan drive the car into the desert and set it on fire. Gross is currently under house arrest and our source tells us that he cooperated with police in gathering evidence against Nelson Brady.

The prosecutor in the case wouldn't say whether Titus or Ryan will also face charges in the murder for hire plot. He only said that the investigation is on-going. Nelson Brady will be back in court on Wednesday.

Titus and Ryan maintain that Melissa James overdosed on drugs. Instead of calling police, they say they panicked and tried to dispose of her body. Their trial is scheduled to begin in January.

Holy CRAP!!!

I can't believe Kelly Ryan- of all people- is involved in something like this. She was always such a great advocate of the sport.

The coverup and corroboration for this crime just blows my mind. I secretly thought Kelly did it because she was jealous of Melissa...but then after just hearing what Titus did, that blows that theory.

Did the autopsy reveal a drug overdose? Or, was it even possible to perform one?

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
      Did the autopsy reveal a drug overdose? Or, was it even possible to perform one?
      Autopsy: Drugs in body

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...s/6547406.html

An autopsy showed that the personal assistant of Kelly Ryan and Craig Titus had morphine and heroin byproducts in her system at the time of her death. It also indicated that she had previously used methamphetamine.

Both the cause and manner of death for Melissa James, 28, was officially listed as undetermined, giving defense attorneys for Ryan and her husband, Titus, the opportunity to maintain what the pair once told police -- that James died of a drug overdose, they panicked and disposed of her body.

"The defense can make hay out of it," former Prosecutor Charles Kelly, now a local defense attorney, said of the autopsy results.

Titus and Ryan and a co-defendant, Anthony Gross, were in District Court on Friday to face charges stemming from James' death in December.

The indictment, unsealed in the courtroom of District Judge David Wall, charges Titus and Ryan with murder with use of a deadly weapon, first-degree kidnapping and third-degree arson.

The indictment charges Gross with accessory to murder and arson in connection with allegations he helped the fitness champions dispose of James' body.

Titus, 40, is a past place-winner of international Mr. Olympia competitions. Ryan, 33, is a past Ms. Fitness America and Ms. Olympia runner-up.

James was found dead Dec. 14 in the back of Ryan's torched Jaguar in the desert off state Route 160. Titus and Ryan first told police they didn't know how James ended up dead in the car.

Authorities said the couple then fled Las Vegas and were arrested Dec. 23 outside Boston, where they told police James died of a drug overdose in Ryan's car in their garage before they disposed of her body, burning it in the process.

In a third scenario regarding the death, authorities said, Titus later agreed with an FBI agent's premise that perhaps he was having rough sex with James and she died.

The autopsy report notes that "opiate intoxicants" were in James' system. The Review-Journal was unable to access documents detailing the exact levels of the metabolites of the drugs in her system.

However, other documents show there are a number of other clues garnered from the autopsy and crime scene that would seem to contradict the premise that she somehow died of a drug overdose.

Namely, a coroner's report details that a ligature was found around James' neck.

"Head was wrapped in an apparent blanket," the report said. "Beneath the burned blanket, there was apparent duct tape around her head and face, and a cloth strip and wires around her neck."

James' body was badly burned with an accelerant. Ryan was captured on a Wal-Mart surveillance video buying accelerant shortly before the body was found.

In his statement to police claiming James died of an accidental drug overdose, Titus told authorities he had, in fact, duct-taped James' face while her body was on the floor of his home.

"Put a blanket on the ground, grabbed another blanket and I taped up her head," Titus said. "I didn't want to see her face. I didn't want to see her face.

"I took the tie off one of my robes, and I put it on the back of her neck and pushed her knees up and tied her knees to her chest," Titus said. "Then we wrapped her up in a blanket and taped it up and put her in the trunk.

"Then I put her in the trunk and dropped her a couple times," Titus said. "Kelly was crying hysterically.

"She's my (expletive) friend man," Titus said. "So (expletived) up. Now it's worse."

When asked by police to explain the wires around James' neck, which Titus originally didn't mention, Titus said: "You know, honestly, this is the honest to God truth, when I, when I was tying her up in the cocoon-like position ... I used duct tape and I used the robe ties ... but there was something else I used that broke. I can't remember what it was. A phone cord maybe."

Titus also addressed James' drug use in his statement to police, which reads:

"Crystal methamphetamines ... Oxycontins, crystal methamphetamine, Nubane, cocaine, morphine, which I didn't know till the end."

Kelly said the autopsy results will be somewhat helpful to defense attorneys in the case, but prosecutors will try to argue that burning someone in the trunk of a car isn't consistent with a reaction to a drug overdose.

Kelly said perhaps the biggest challenge defense attorneys face is explaining the defendants' multiple versions of James' death.

"Which one do you want us to believe?" Kelly said.

Comment

Working...
      X