Dallas @ NY Jets (Jets -3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas @ NY Jets (Jets -3)

The Cowboys head back to the Meadowlands to take on the Jets after beating the Giants in a thrilling overtime classic the Monday before last. The week off should help the ‘Boys overcome any letdown and I’d certainly prefer to be on their side in this game against a struggling Jets’ contingent that hasn’t won a game. New York isn’t a bad team, as they’ve averaged 5.3 yards per play in their 3 losses while allowing 5.2 yppl. However, the Cowboys have a solid defense (4.9 yppl allowed) and they’ve averaged 5.8 yppl (against teams that allow 5.6 yppl). The defense was the focus of the team last year and did a great job keeping them in ballgames, but now the offense is getting the headlines thanks to the maturation of quarterback Quincy Carter, who has averaged 7.0 yards per pass play. The Jets’ secondary has been a problem for them this season, allowing 8.2 yards per pass attempt and 6.4 yards per pass play, so I can certainly see Carter doing some more damage in this game. The Jets also qualify in a negative 65-116-8 ATS early season angle and it’s never a good idea to lay points with a winless team. In fact, home favorites with a win percentage of .200 or worse (starting with game 3) are just 71-103-4 ATS over the years, including 35-69-1 ATS in non-division games. The only thing keeping me off the Cowboys in this game is a negative 24-63-1 ATS situation that applies to them. But, that angle is overshadowed by numerous situations going against the Jets, including a 24-57-2 ATS game 4 angle, and I don’t mind taking points with a Bill Parcells team (he’s 22-5-2 ATS as a dog since ’97).

I like the Cowboys here too...I could quarterback better than Testaverde.

Comment

Cowboys are a young inexperienced team. I believe the Giants lost to themselves a few weeks back...and I think the Jets looked good on the road against the Pats...Jets stadium is very hostile, and I see the Jets winning this one...

Comment

Working...
      X