any drag racers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any drag racers here?

i just bought a E55 benz AMG and damm is it fast for a luxury car. i have been already adding performance mods to it to go faster. but what i was wanting to know would i get laughed at if i made a 11.5 or 12 second 1/4 mile. also in cali is there anything special i need for the car? i checked sacramentos track web site but they dont have any info on that thing. i dont want to show up all stupid.

Never raced in Sac but I raced for years at Sears Point and went to a few races in other places. Youre going to be bracket racing in some type of street class correct?

First of all, I dont know how much you know about drag racing but the single best mod you can make to a car with the power to pull a 12 second quarter is going to be some sticky tires. You can get "street legal" slicks but you may want to check with your track to make 100% sure they would be legal in your class. As for your speed, a 12 second pass is really moving. Which brings me to the fact that most likely you will need a helmet. Usually under a certain ET like 13 or so you are required to wear a helmet. I love my Simpson helmet. Also, youre going to have to wear long pants and a regular shirt, no cutoffs. New cars all have them but another issue is a catch can for your radiator overflow.

If you go with stock tires, youre going to want to air them down. And remember, you want the tires hot but not too hot. Abig long burnout wont help your stockers hook up any more than a simple, short one. I dont know what the ET is but theres also a cutoff where you need a rollcage too. I think it may be under 12.

what night do they race in Sac? Isnt the season over now, or soon?

Comment

not sure if the season is over there web site sucks but its on wednesdays. thanks for the info i already planed on some bfg drags. but was gonna roll with the stockers first to kinda check everything out first. i dont wanna show up all decked out like the fruit loops at the gym and not know what to do or how to do it. i might just call them up and ask questions or show up and watch the first time.

Comment

Sac raceway uses NHRA rules. NHRA has a website that lists all the rules. You're fast enough to where you'll need a roll cage. I think you may even have to get a driveshaft loop also. It just sucks that the faster you get, the more stupid shit you have to put on your car to go racing legally.

http://www.nhra.com/
        Last edited by beefcake; 11-15-06, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
          And why would you race that????:confused: Go buy a Crx Si/civic hatchback...Drop a prelude SI or even a GSX-r engine...Modify that engine(cams, pulley, throttle body, etc...) and you'll pull 11's or high 10's....Makes no sense to race an E55...AMG is like the M series of BMW...
          i know what i got bro! im not gonna hurt the car. i just wanna have fun, you know the 4 door family hauler pulls up and smokes a z06 thats funny.

beef cake thanks for the link. but no damm roll cage in that car.

Comment

And why would you race that????:confused: Go buy a Crx Si/civic hatchback...Drop a prelude SI or even a GSX-r engine...Modify that engine(cams, pulley, throttle body, etc...) and you'll pull 11's or high 10's....Makes no sense to race an E55...AMG is like the M series of BMW...
            you really are gay, if hes going to build a real drag car it should be '72 or older. Well, that and rear wheel drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
              i just wanna have fun, you know the 4 door family hauler pulls up and smokes a z06 thats funny.
              That would be funny but it's not going to happen. :D No comments from rado. :P

Comment

Fuck the vette:D There...ok? How's that:)
                Just don't burn yourself on the tailpipe. :doggy:

Comment

i know what i got bro! im not gonna hurt the car. i just wanna have fun, you know the 4 door family hauler pulls up and smokes a z06 thats funny.

beef cake thanks for the link. but no damm roll cage in that car.
                  One of the coolest races I have seen (partially from being suprsed) was an SC400. I was at Ennis, TX watching Drag Wars. Everyone saw this Lexus come out, not looking like much on the outside. It took off and was so quite. It killed this Viper (modified) it was racing. Not only did he kill the Viper but he was feathering the gas at the end so he would break his brackett time. I think he was in the 10 sec brakett.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                    One of the coolest races I have seen (partially from being suprsed) was an SC400. I was at Ennis, TX watching Drag Wars. Everyone saw this Lexus come out, not looking like much on the outside. It took off and was so quite. It killed this Viper (modified) it was racing. Not only did he kill the Viper but he was feathering the gas at the end so he would break his brackett time. I think he was in the 10 sec brakett.
                    I think if I was in the Viper I would've just exited the track and not worried about coming back to the pits. You know that guy caught some serious hell from all his friends.

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
                      That would be funny but it's not going to happen. :D No comments from rado. :P
                      you obviously dont know your cars very well my stock E55 can hang with a Z06 in the 1/4 mile i wont win very often but with the mods i have already and the others i do. no problem with a stock Z06. there are many videos with stock 55s beating stock vetts at actuall drag strips and home made street races. as far as vipers hehe i would love to run thoes too. of coarse all this wins and losses will have alot to do with the other cars driver.

Comment

you obviously dont know your cars very well my stock E55 can hang with a Z06 in the 1/4 mile i wont win very often but with the mods i have already and the others i do. no problem with a stock Z06. there are many videos with stock 55s beating stock vetts at actuall drag strips and home made street races. as far as vipers hehe i would love to run thoes too. of coarse all this wins and losses will have alot to do with the other cars driver.
                        Oh, OK, my bad :rolleyes: Assuming that you are matched with a "STOCK" Z06 you could win with your "MODIFIED" E55. And just so you know, a 2006 stock Z06 has been documented at under 11 sec in the 1/4 mi with the only modification being drag radials. The E55 is badass for sure, but stock vs. stock, driver skills equal...sorry, not buyin it. But, you know, I don't know what I'm talking about. :fufool:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
                          Oh, OK, my bad :rolleyes: Assuming that you are matched with a "STOCK" Z06 you could win with your "MODIFIED" E55. And just so you know, a 2006 stock Z06 has been documented at under 11 sec in the 1/4 mi with the only modification being drag radials. The E55 is badass for sure, but stock vs. stock, driver skills equal...sorry, not buyin it. But, you know, I don't know what I'm talking about. :fufool:
                          you are funny bro, you see at the end of my post where it says the win or loose depend on the other cars driver.... ranger is not normal and he flat out knows what to do in that car. also drags would make the car modified from stock. put you in a Z06 and me in my E55 stock and i would probably win most of the time. im not knockin z06s at all i love thoes cars but it would be funny to pull up to joe cotvette in his z06 at the light and smoke him in my 4 door family hauler. thats all im tryin to say. :spank:

Comment

Most people who own Z06's are old dudes in a midlife crisis. Don't know crap about power shifting.

Comment

you are funny bro, you see at the end of my post where it says the win or loose depend on the other cars driver.... ranger is not normal and he flat out knows what to do in that car. also drags would make the car modified from stock. put you in a Z06 and me in my E55 stock and i would probably win most of the time. im not knockin z06s at all i love thoes cars but it would be funny to pull up to joe cotvette in his z06 at the light and smoke him in my 4 door family hauler. thats all im tryin to say. :spank:
                              Yes, I can appreciate what you were saying. I also stated that driver skills being equal, the stock Z06 is going to beat the stock E55. :pimpslap:

Besides, I'm a Porsche fan anyway. :D And when I have $300,000 just laying around and nothing to do with it, I'll buy a GT2. So, never, pretty much. :(

Comment

Working...
                              X