• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Husband Wants To stop Paying Alimony

Ex-Husband Wants To stop Paying Alimony To Ex-Wife Who Had Sex Change

October 5, 2006 12:17 p.m. EST

Komfie Manalo - All Headline News Foreign Correspondent

Miami, Fl (AHN) - A man is asking the court to stop making him pay alimony to his ex-wife because she is now a man.

Lawrence Roach, of Seminole, Florida told Bay News 9 that his former wife had a sex-change operation and is now living as a man.

He wants the court to allow him to stop paying the monthly $1,200 monthly alimony payments.

Roach said, "This isn't right. It's humiliating to me and degrading. You know, I'm a man and I don't want to be paying alimony to a man. If you can't be married to a man legally, how can you legally pay alimony to a man?"

The man and his ex-wife, divorced 18 months ago after being married for more than 17 years.

Originally posted by Shibby
    Ex-Husband Wants To stop Paying Alimony To Ex-Wife Who Had Sex Change

October 5, 2006 12:17 p.m. EST

Komfie Manalo - All Headline News Foreign Correspondent

Miami, Fl (AHN) - A man is asking the court to stop making him pay alimony to his ex-wife because she is now a man.

Lawrence Roach, of Seminole, Florida told Bay News 9 that his former wife had a sex-change operation and is now living as a man.

He wants the court to allow him to stop paying the monthly $1,200 monthly alimony payments.

Roach said, "This isn't right. It's humiliating to me and degrading. You know, I'm a man and I don't want to be paying alimony to a man. If you can't be married to a man legally, how can you legally pay alimony to a man?"

The man and his ex-wife, divorced 18 months ago after being married for more than 17 years.

I'd be interested to see what the courts rule. Funny story though.

Comment

lol thats funny

Comment

It is funny. But, his claim actually has no merit.

Spousal support is just that. It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or same sex...if he/she stayed home, or even still does; and had no professional skills, then it makes no difference what the sex of the person is. If a female had to pay a man spousal support, she wouldn't be making a stink like this. Or, better yet- for the states where gay marriage is legal- it's the same thing.

The guy is embarassed, and that's where the whole thing is stemming from. I would be too.

Comment

Well guess we can guess where the alimony went....pricey surgery lol

Comment

im not surprised that happened in florida lol

Comment

Working...
            X