Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media is comming down hard on steroids...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media is comming down hard on steroids...

Local man fights for his life after mom says he took steroids

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...date=3/14/2007
    Last edited by Bouncer; 03-14-07, 07:56 PM.

Of course this is typical to them because these are the only instances where they are exposed to steroid users. The general public forms an opinion based on the few extreme cases they have been exposed to. Steroids can be abused just like any other substance. What I don't get is why doesn't the media come down hard on alchohol or nicotine? Cigarettes kill how many people each year and they're still legal. Alchohol abuse is responsible for how many deaths each year and alchohol is still legal. Obesity is becoming an epidemic in our country. How many people die each year from complications related to obesity yet fast food is still an enormous part of the food industry. In 2004, the leading cause of death among people ages 1 - 44 was by far automobile accidents. Obviously driving is hazardous to your health, so anyone who is driving or considering driving should consider the health risks. The potential for abuse exists for just about anything and in many cases the risks can be fatal.

I think that part of the stigma is that it isn't natural to people plus they don't have any knowledge beyond what they read in the media. I don't use and don't ever plan to, but just from reading some of the posts here, I can see that people are very careful not to abuse steroids. This guy obviously wasn't so careful. There are risks associated with using steroids, but there are much greater risks associated with alchohol abuse, smoking, obesity and driving an automobile. I think it all comes down to money. Steroids aren't nearly as lucrative as alchohol, tobacco, fast food or automobiles. If our government stood to profit from steroids, you can bet your ass they'd be legal. Concern for our health has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by babyblues; 03-15-07, 07:55 AM.

Comment

In this case I think it is safe to assume that something else is at play. I think this guy "that lives with his mom at 27" has something else wrong with him as in a disease. Test or deca like he was supposedly using even if it was dirty would not cause liver and kidney damage suddenly like this guys has. I think he just happens to use steroids and that is were they are placing blame. Like the nurses said in the artical, they have never had a steroid patient.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
        In this case I think it is safe to assume that something else is at play. I think this guy "that lives with his mom at 27" has something else wrong with him as in a disease. Test or deca like he was supposedly using even if it was dirty would not cause liver and kidney damage suddenly like this guys has. I think he just happens to use steroids and that is were they are placing blame. Like the nurses said in the artical, they have never had a steroid patient.
        exactly how i feel - this is being used to push peoples agendas --

Comment

Working...
        X