Mistake by San Fran Giants???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake by San Fran Giants???

Instead of going to NY on Monday to play a make-up game that would mean finishing first overall in baseball...home field throughout playoffs...they decided to rest instead and not play the game. I don't know if I woulda conceded home field to the Braves to get my team an extra day of rest...if anything, I'd have sent the second string to play the game and left the stars at home, as even the second string is likely to beat the Mets on any given night!!!

Don't quote me, but I think I read that if they do play that SF gets homefield because they won the series when they played Atlanta in the regular season. But if you read that they gave up home field then I'm not sure what it was that I was reading.

Comment

Excerpt from cbssportsline.com:

The Braves, who earned their 101st victory, finished with a half-game lead over San Francisco for the best record in the NL. The Giants won their 100th game with a 12-3 victory over Los Angeles.

The Giants already said they will not travel to New York on Monday for a possible makeup game against the Mets. So the Braves' victory guaranteed they'll finish with the No. 1 seed.

Comment

Yeah i was shocked when i heard that they were not gonna play the make up game. I mean having home field throughout the playoffs is huge. I am sure there will be many second guessing that one next week.

Comment

wow, home field is huge, I would have gone.

Comment

Maybe thet were looking past Atlanta figuring that if they can't beat Atlanta without home field, they would never beat NY for the world series without home field.

Comment

Working...
            X