Dog fighting the NFLs Steroid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog fighting the NFLs Steroid?

After the Steroid era in baseball has been exposed.Is dog fighting the NFLs pandoras box?I was watching 1st and 10 on espn tuesday.They were saying the expect the Nfl dog fighting investigation may point fingers at as many as 4 to 5 players from each team!Thats what 150 current players.Meaning they have either fought dogs, funded or attended matches.Personally I think the number cant be that high but who knows.If the Nfl does make this public,what are people going to do?Abandon football?

Nobody will abandon football I'm sure but if thats true then it will rightly focus the NFL's controling body to get control. Its nothing new that when youth + hardship turns to wealth + fortune and fame without some guidance it can result in problems. These guys need to be taught that they are no better than anyone else, they are no bigger than the game or the law or societies moral standards.

We've had the same problem over here with many English footballers becoming so alarmingly rich so young they begin to run riot thinking they can do what they want, many of them have been brought down to earth as clubs spend money on councillors, PR people etc to help the players deal with their new life in the spotlight.

the average premiership footballers wage is $1,200,000 per year here. A decent late 20's footballer playing in the better half of the premiership gets like £160,000 per week!

Comment

Ha - I'm sure the NFL has steroid issues too - maybe they should just disband the whole league :D...

Comment

Yea, Im pretty sure steroids are the nfl's steroids.

Comment

Working...
        X