Computer laptop hardware question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer laptop hardware question

My current laptop screen starts flickering at times and I have to adjust the angle of the screen to get it to stop. First, is this something that can easily be repaired? Next, I got a new laptop because the last one had problems with getting the screen to come on. I would have to move the angle back on forth until it would "catch" what ever it is to get the screen to trigger to the on position. Is there something I am doing to my computers to make this happen or do I just need to invest in a higher quality laptop from now on? (First one was a very old IBM, this one is a little over a year old Toshiba)

Just a few questions

1) What model of Toshiba is your laptop
    2) Do you have any type of Warranty

Comment

The model is a Satellite M55-S1001 and no more warranty.

Comment

It should be fixable but It's not a repair that I would recommend doing on your own. You can easily create a huge mess when personally cracking open laptops, and often make things worse then they are. It's probably just some loose wiring from repeated opening and closing, or it might of been dropped at some point, but either case I would probably search out a pc tech and get an estimate.

As far as your laptop quality, I have not had the best experience with Toshiba hardware. My last computer was a Satellite and I had a good run for about 2 years but then something happened to the power supply port and it's not fixable ( I checked). I had to jimmy-rig it with duck tape to get it to hold a charge.

The reason I was asking for the model was I did a search on Google and found that there where a bunch of Toshiba models that were having screen problems and there was a lawsuit giving free repairs for certain models. Unfortunately your model did not fall into the conditions of the lawsuit.

You could also try contacting the Toshiba support center and see if they've heard of similar problems and if so, they might offer to fix it for you even with your warranty up, at least it's worth a shot.

Comment

I'll try giving them a call. My wife's school has a cheap tech and computer repair service for students. I will probably have them take a look at it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X