Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Were You Doing 6 Years Ago...

Today?

I was in the middle of an inventory analysis/inpsection for my company - the entire day was crazy depressing/scary/confusing.

Thank goodness for our heroes....

:usausausa

Working with my step dad in Secaucus NJ. I saw the towers that morning and the next time I looked up, they were gone.

Sana takes the path train everyday to WTC station. I see empty space that used to be where the towers stood everyday.

I am around people everyday here that lost friends and family. When something like this comes to your town, it provokes something very powerful inside. I start shaking with anger and emotion every time I think about it.

Comment

Cool little story. There is a doughnut shop about 5 minutes from me. The lady that runs it packed here car up full of doughnuts and drove to the WTC site and gave them to all the workers and rescuers. She did this like 10 times a day for weeks. Little things like that don't seem like much but it really helped for the people that were there.

Comment

Sitting at work worrying about my parents who were flying overseas that morning - and my uncle that worked at the Pentagon...

Comment

I was in between classes and everyone rushed to the tv in the common area. When I left school there was an eerie feeling everywhere I went. Pretty scarry.

On a side note Bouncer you not in NC anymore?

Comment

I showed up to a Sociology class that morning after hearing on the radio about some kind of crash on the radio but it never really sank in. The people on the radio didn't have a clue. It was early on and no one knew what was going on. As class began we all started to understand what was going on. Horrible feeling to get as you realize what had happened. I'm in CA by the way.

Comment

At my mums house resting after travelling the world, I'd flown home direct from NYC, a few days earlier after staying with guys I new at then time.

I was half asleep and saw it on the TV and stared in disbelief, I'd been on the top floor of one of the towers only days earlier the 4th I think

Comment

I was driving too pick up a co-worker before work, which I didn't normally do he just needed a ride for a few days. I was listening to the radio and they were talking all about it. I started hearing about it after the second plane had hit so I thought they were talking about some event in history. I don't think they wear saying which towers at the time because I'm sure most people knew, they just kept saying the towers. I pick the guy up and he was listening in disbelief and after about a minute he said something to me like "this is unbelievable". I said something back along the lines of "This is too early for a history lesson" and went to change the channel. Then he told me this is currently happening and got me up to speed. I remember it took me a minute to get my mind wrapped around from thinking it was just some random thing the DJ was talking about.

Comment

I was leaving the house and saw on tv that a plane crashed into the tower. I didn't pay much attention to it and went off to work thinking some dumb ass pilot screwed up and crashed into the tower. Not until I got to work did I find out that the planes were hijacked and we were under a terrorist attack.

Comment

I was at work...on a whim just pulled up msnbc and saw what was happening.

I immediately called my mom to alert her, and so she could call my aunt who was a flight attendant for United at the time. Just so happened that my aunt was only 2 gates down at Dulles from the plane that crashed into the Pentagon.

Comment

What's interesting is that it seems that every generation has a life changing event; or something huge that happens in their lifetime that they never forget where they were or what they were doing.

For instance, my parents know where they were when JFK & MLK were shot and killed. My grandmother knows where she was when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

Just sucks that something so horrific marks our generation

Comment

lol i was working on a parkin structure at SJ international. i didnt even realy relize how bad it was untill the next day when the airport was a ghost town.

Comment

I was sitting in a lecture at Auburn when they asked all military personel to report. Very scary moment. I left class and went back to my house and watched the news for 2 days straight.

Comment

I WAS A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL WAS IN A HEALTH CLASS I REMEMBER WATCHING IT ON THE TVS!

Comment

Lying on the couch watching it on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X