Online Dating your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Dating your thoughts?

ok, so I have tried this online dating crap and realistically, its not for me. I get so much email from guys that HELLO don't fit the profile that I requested.

and Yes, I requested a profile because I have a certain type of guy that I like. I don't think its too much to ask for. I mean I wouldn't respond to an Ad, someone is looking for a 6 foot blonde with blue eyes and big boobs, lol. Why waste their time. I am only 5'6" ya hear :P

Well this online dating crap sucks and my friends all got me involved and now the email it too much to go through, hah!

Dating use to be so much easier, but then again I haven't had to date for about 10 years :moon:

im your height blue eyes brown hair liek salsa dancing;) long walks on the beach motorcycles cars bodybuilding!!!! lol anything else u can email me ok :D

Comment

i was in the same boat following my divorce. 10 years and i had forgotten how the hell it all works. i tried online dating and all it got me was a headache. i'd go meet some girl for a date and she would look NOTHING like her pictures or just be so obviously full of shit it was hard not to laugh. i also found that girls can be just as rude as guys when it comes to asking someone out. online, girls seemed to ask just as frequently and some would have crazy lines. the type of lines i'd hear guys use on girls that would leave me wondering if that approach ever works!?

i just quit dating altogether and let the chips fall where they may....it's too much of a PITA...i can understand a person wanting to put their best face forward. but the misrepresentation occurring in the online scene was just plain pathetic!

Comment

so u wouldnt want to go dancing with me would you? haha

Comment

Originally posted by njjuicer View Post
          im your height blue eyes brown hair liek salsa dancing;) long walks on the beach motorcycles cars bodybuilding!!!! lol anything else u can email me ok :D
          Oh NJ.. lol. I like them with the baldy look or shaved short, 6 foot and goatee, can you manage this? You don't need to know how to dance,but I am willing to get em into it.

I like the other stuff, long walks on the beach, bikes and of course bodybuilding.

Haha on the bbing and not to be vain, but I want someone to share all that I have passion for. And I eat, sleep, and poopie all this bbing stuff - I am obsessive.

Comment

Originally posted by goliath View Post
            i was in the same boat following my divorce. 10 years and i had forgotten how the hell it all works. i tried online dating and all it got me was a headache. i'd go meet some girl for a date and she would look NOTHING like her pictures or just be so obviously full of shit it was hard not to laugh. i also found that girls can be just as rude as guys when it comes to asking someone out. online, girls seemed to ask just as frequently and some would have crazy lines. the type of lines i'd hear guys use on girls that would leave me wondering if that approach ever works!?

i just quit dating altogether and let the chips fall where they may....it's too much of a PITA...i can understand a person wanting to put their best face forward. but the misrepresentation occurring in the online scene was just plain pathetic!
            Yes, I think I have given up on this too. Funny thing is the guys that want to date me are so nice but there is a friendship there and no chemistry. Lets just say I have met em all.. I actually went on a date with one that had ZERO conversation. UGHH. I am a big talker and never shush it but this was ridiculous.

Chemistry is so key when it comes to finding someone.. and of course a nice pair of ass and legs won't kill me either, bwhahaha!

:evil:

Comment

Originally posted by WonderWoman View Post
              Oh NJ.. lol. I like them with the baldy look or shaved short, 6 foot and goatee, can you manage this? You don't need to know how to dance,but I am willing to get em into it.

I like the other stuff, long walks on the beach, bikes and of course bodybuilding.

Haha on the bbing and not to be vain, but I want someone to share all that I have passion for. And I eat, sleep, and poopie all this bbing stuff - I am obsessive.
              im cant manage the 6' crap im bout 5 or 6 inches shy of that but everythign else i can lol umm i rock the facial hair only b/c i ahte shaving everyday lol

Comment

LOL you descibed half of california including me. except the working out part most dont do that. but anyways I would drop the online dating and just be patient. usally for guys we get fixed up by a friend. girls all you have to do is goto a bar and you can have 10 guys chasing you.lol. you might scare them cuzz your probably stronger than most of them anyways.lol. dont be in a rush have fun and that special guy will come along. most important have fun while waiting. even on so so dates just make it fun for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                  LOL you descibed half of california including me. except the working out part most dont do that. but anyways I would drop the online dating and just be patient. usally for guys we get fixed up by a friend. girls all you have to do is goto a bar and you can have 10 guys chasing you.lol. you might scare them cuzz your probably stronger than most of them anyways.lol. dont be in a rush have fun and that special guy will come along. most important have fun while waiting. even on so so dates just make it fun for yourself.
                  muhahah. My men friends all say that I am too intimidating and that men might want to talk to me, but are too scared to approach me, lol. I am nothing like that.. I am totally approachable and so friendly to all, so that shoe doesn't fit me,

I will be patient and just chill on the topic... No Rush, but it would be nice to have someone around at times. Its all good in the hood. :P

Comment

muhahah. My men friends all say that I am too intimidating and that men might want to talk to me, but are too scared to approach me, lol. I am nothing like that.. I am totally approachable and so friendly to all, so that shoe doesn't fit me,

I will be patient and just chill on the topic... No Rush, but it would be nice to have someone around at times. Its all good in the hood. :P
                    what u want to arm wrestle or something? or maybe a bench off? LOL having sumone around is always nicer than noone......

Comment

. i'd go meet some girl for a date and she would look NOTHING like her pictures or just be so obviously full of shit it was hard not to laugh.

!

True. I met 2 like that and nothing like her pics. Met the girls in a local online chat thing. One turned out to be into me hardcore that she wouldnt stop calling nor passing through my house. The other one claims shes a certain age and tells others shes a certain age also. Never more, and thats only that Ive met 2 people through here. I prefer in person better.

Comment

i'd go meet some girl for a date and she would look NOTHING like her pictures

That makes NO sense to me. If you were going to meet a stranger, wouldn't you want them to know EXACTLY what you look like?!

Comment

hey WW, I think NJjuicer is serious. he wants a date. lmao

Comment

You guys need to get out more.

Comment

I think when it comes to online dating you just have to have an open mind but don't expect to hit a home run right away. Just look at it like you're going out to have a good time and if something develops great.

I used Match.com and American Singles. I went out w/8 women from match & I only liked 2 of them. I only met one person on American singles & I ended up marrying her. Oddly enough, I also put my information on myspace to "network" & "make new friends" & I believe that site provides greater opportunities than some online dating sites.

Oh, I would also recommend, if possible, seeing several recent photos or even better webcam w/the person for a few minutes. I encountered two people who weren't the same person as the pictures.

Also, maybe I think this way because I'm a guy, but honestly, it seems like the females run the show on dating sites. Sad to say, but true that I never received a response from ladies I contacted. Every person I went out with contacted me first, so I think the Internet is different. If you see a guy you like, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X