Need help with a flight time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a flight time.

So my parents are in london. I can't check when I'm suppose to pick them up until 48hours prior to arrival. Anyways all they have written down is the flight leaves at 2:45pm and arrives at 5:40. Now do you think that the 5:40 is a.m. or p.m.?

5:40 am

It's just a hunch though. :D

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPuddlesFL
      5:40 am

It's just a hunch though. :D
      Well thanks for the hunch :kiss: But it's either 5:40am or pm and I figured there has to be an obvious answer from those that know how long it takes to fly from london to cali.

Comment

First off, you have to figure out the dif in time between london and California.

Los Angeles is 8 time zones west from Britain, so is eight hours behind GMT. When it is midday in London its 4am in Los Angeles.

The flight leaves London at 2:45pm....but is that Los Angeles time...or London time? I'd hope it was Cali time, because leaving at 10:45 London time would make the flight a red-eye.

A direct flight from Heathrow to LAX means 11h30min on average in the air.

I'm too lazy to play with the math/probabilities right now, but I've given you all the info you need to make an educated guess.

Comment

shibby. the trips takes about 11 hours if its a direct flight (Heathrow - LA). Figure it out.

Comment

sorry should have added that there's only pm arrivals from London at LA airport and it leaves London at 2.45pm London time. add appr. 3 hours and you get the arrival time ( 11 hours flight minus 8 hours time deviation). so it should be 5.45pm La time.

Comment

good luck to u shibby lol

Comment

Working...
              X