Exercise 'slows down Alzheimer's'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise 'slows down Alzheimer's'

Being physically fit could hold back the advance of Alzheimer's disease, US researchers have suggested.

Their study, published in the journal Neurology, looked at 121 people aged over 60, around half of them in the early stages of the disease.

Those with Alzheimer's who were less fit had four times more signs of brain shrinkage than those who were fit.

The Alzheimer's Research Trust said other research showed exercise reduced the risk of dementia.

Full story: BBC NEWS | Health | Exercise 'slows down Alzheimer's'

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    Being physically fit could hold back the advance of Alzheimer's disease, US researchers have suggested.

Their study, published in the journal Neurology, looked at 121 people aged over 60, around half of them in the early stages of the disease.

Those with Alzheimer's who were less fit had four times more signs of brain shrinkage than those who were fit.

The Alzheimer's Research Trust said other research showed exercise reduced the risk of dementia.

Full story: BBC NEWS | Health | Exercise 'slows down Alzheimer's'
    I don't know about this study, lately my brain is shot to shit, I became very forgetful and I exercise every damn day.:hmm::wacko:

Comment

Working...
    X