The new Playstation revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Playstation revealed

CHIBA, Japan - Sony Corp. offered a preview Tuesday of its next-generation PlayStation, a hybrid gaming machine with digital media hub features: a TV tuner, DVD and hard-drive recording and photo album and music player functions.

The muscled-up, network-ready console, called the PSX, testifies to the intensifying competition among consumer electronics companies to make the living room the locus of home digital entertainment.

About the size of the PlayStation2, the PSX is to go on sale in Japan late this year, beginning at $720 for a 160-gigabyte hard disk version that can record 200 hours of digital video.

Sony said the PSX will reach U.S. and European markets next year but did not provide prices.

For more info:http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...en_bu/sony_psx

does this make my atari more or less valuable? i kick ass at pitfall.

Comment

More valuable.......................................... .................................................. ........................as a paper weight. ;)

Comment

wow.....$720?

Comment

damn more and more new shit coming out

Comment

Originally posted by THE JUICE
            damn more and more new shit coming out
            Isn't technology grand?! Just wait until we get this whole "nano-technolgy" thing down to a perfect science. You think things are crazy now? *Evil laugh* Bwahahahahaha!:evil:

Comment

Originally posted by blm
              Isn't technology grand?! Just wait until we get this whole "nano-technolgy" thing down to a perfect science. You think things are crazy now? *Evil laugh* Bwahahahahaha!:evil:

:eek:

Comment

Lol.. Uhh.. HELLO?!?!

Did anyone check the date on that article? The Playstation 2 (AKA PSX) has been out for what? 2 years now?

Comment

why don't they just quit fuking around and admit that it is a re-packaged PC and that PC gaming has allways and allways will be superior! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Got Gear?
                    Lol.. Uhh.. HELLO?!?!

Did anyone check the date on that article? The Playstation 2 (AKA PSX) has been out for what? 2 years now?
                    :dunno: ...I see Oct 7 2003! It is not a PS2, it is the next generation of the PS2. When did you last see a PSX on the shelves in 2003? I must have missed them.

Comment

Well shit in a bottle!

I thought the PS2 and the PSX were the same box.

Looks like Playstation went the way of X-box... will be interesting to see how it works out. From reports I've heard, Microsoft is still looseing money on the X-BOX. Tho minimal game profits...

Comment

Originally posted by goliath
                        why don't they just quit fuking around and admit that it is a re-packaged PC and that PC gaming has allways and allways will be superior! lol
                        This is true. And it has always been the goal of gaming consloe creators to reach the capability of PC's with the luxury of sitting on your couch w/a comfortable controller and playing on a tv w/ the pixel qualityof a monitor. I love PC games, but holding a mouse for hours and using 20 hot keys gets old and uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by blm
                          holding a mouse for hours and using 20 hot keys gets old and uncomfortable.
                          Someone is a nerd. :ghey: :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                            Someone is a nerd. :ghey: :drunk:
                            I used to be, I guess, I don't have time for that shit anymore. Now it is...holding a pencil for hours and using 20 study cards...gets uncomfortable. ;)

Comment

Check this one out The Phantom Game System , looks promising to me, hard to tell though.

Comment

Working...
                              X