Thanksgiving Meal Plans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Meal Plans!

What do you guys plan on eating for T-Day.

For me, I am not sure about the main course yet. I just know I want something other then turkey or ham.

Definitely will have the sides though. Stuffed Backed potato, cranberry sauce, stuffing etc..

For desert, pumpkin or sweet potato pie, butter pecan ice cream, and some coffee.

Anyone have any ideas for a main course then isn't Turkey or ham?

My plans look just like yours except that I LOVE Honey Baked Ham's... They have to come from the Honey Baked Ham Company though :P

Folks are coming down to see the new house and hook me up with food for the week after they leave - they haven't been down my way in years so they better make it worthwhile :D

Comment

If you're not counting calories, it doesn't get any better than farm raised duck. Roasted up and covered in an orange sauce, it's much juicier and more flavorful than turkey.

Comment

both the honey glazed ham and the duck sound pretty good. can i order the ham online i wonder?

Comment

going with rib roast or 18 ounce t bones and a small ham -- potatos , pumpkin pie, etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            both the honey glazed ham and the duck sound pretty good. can i order the ham online i wonder?
            You can order just about anything online. Also during thanksgiving and christmas Boston Market will cook whole turkeys and hams. Although ham is very easy to just buy at the store and put it in the oven.

Comment

we may order from that honey ham company.

Comment

Im goin with Chicken Brest and brown rice of coarse.
                Well ok maybe not, My mom is old school so its turky with all the bs that goes with it.
                I do like pumpkin pie so I will eat that at least 3 times that weekend.

Comment

so what else are you fat asses eating?

Comment

apparently we aren't having a home cooked meal this T-day. :( but we are having turkey potatoes green beans and all the good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
                      apparently we aren't having a home cooked meal this T-day.
                      explain.

Comment

I'll be eating at a friend/family that never makes a traditional holiday meal. I believe she will be making lamb chops w/mint sauce and beef with gorgonzola sauce. No idea what she will do for the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                          explain.
                          My mom found out that our club will cook all this food for you for T-Day and she decided to do that. Its apparently very good, our friends did it last year. :( I'm kinda sad, I hope its good. I'm used to big ass turkeys and potato carousal, green beans, and all the other yummy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
                            our club
                            explain

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                              I believe she will be making lamb chops w/mint sauce and beef with gorgonzola sauce.
                              my kind of meal. good shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X