Why do we do this to ourselves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we do this to ourselves?

So I don't drink too often. Saturday decided to go out to a club and actually drink for the frist time in months. I am still paying for it today. I don't know how people drink every day through the years.

take it slower and just have a couple beers next time, still have a laugh and get merry but not too much

Comment

had a shot of bailey's the other day. Just one shot it was really good. It's been at least 8 9 months since I had any sprits

Comment

i never understood why people like drinking. makes me feel like shit.

Comment

Yup, but it became a habit when i was younger... Clubs and drinks came hand in hand, was crazy and im glad i am done with it..

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            I call BS. I bet you are the guy thats like "Im so fucking big, dont mess with me." when hes drunk.

Comment

Ya same here.

BUT, i like veiny you get :D

Comment

That's why I don't drink often. IT was for special event. I told myself I would have only a couple. All the discipline I have in everything I do, controling myself after a few drinks is my kryptonite

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
                  I call BS. I bet you are the guy thats like "Im so fucking big, dont mess with me." when hes drunk.
                  shit he does that when he drinks milk.

Comment

I keep my drinks under control now...I can't power drink like I used to. If I'm out for a whole night, I have no more than 6 drinks (singles, not doubles). And I'm sure to have two bottles of water in that timeframe as well.

Comment

I can drink most of the night with no problem as long as i stick to beer im fine.

Problems ensue when u start drinkin hard alcohol and mixing beer with drinks... If i drink hard liquor all night i can be sure to be wrecked in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by STiRoids View Post
                        I can drink most of the night with no problem as long as i stick to beer im fine.

:agree:

Comment

Sober & Sane (somewhat)...

I started drinking at the age of 13...from my first drink until the last on October 11th, 1996 I always drank to get drunk.

The drinking really started to progress around the age of 30. The weekend binges became drinking then and mid-week...then four times a week over a time. Alcoholism is a progressive disease. It's a "thinking disease".

In 1987 I was involved in a head-on collision...a man got in the way of my denial.
                          They used the "jaws of life" to free him from his car...the man was in a coma for 30 days, and then went to a head injury clinic in Pennsylvania. He will never be the same.
                          I was taken to a local hospital to have my blood checked for alcohol ...
                          The results was .19.
                          I spent 3 days in jail...then pleaded guilty to vehicular assault...sentence was one and a half to four and a half years in prison.
                          ...flash forward to being paroled. I had been to AA before going to prison for a couple of months, but when I got out of prison I did none of the things suggested to me...go to AA meetings, get a sponsor, find God (a Higher Power), etc...things that was keeping a lot of people I admired sober a day at a time.
                          I was "dry" for about three months, and decided to try drinking again.
                          I drank a 12-pack of beer nightly after that for 6 years.
                          I was still working out at the time...when I went down on the bench to do presses the room would go around in circles...I would often curtail the workout so I could get to the store and that 12-pack. I made modest gains.

In 1996, after being evicted from 3 apartments, I ended up living with a drunk - renting a room.
                          This guy and myself went out to a bar one night...at 11pm he wanted to go home, while I wanted to stay. He said he was leaving without me...anyway, he went out and got into his car, and appparently I tried to pull him out of the car by his head. I do not remember this because it was all done during a black-out. I was told this the next morning, when I asked him why he was giving me the cold shoulder.
                          I immediately began thinking about my Father's physical and mental abuse to my Mother when he was drunk (which was all the time). I had finally hit a "bottom".
                          Anyway...to shorten this...I moved out of that house the next day, moved in with a couple staying sober via AA, and the rest, as they say, has been an adventure.
                          I'm still in awe of my sobriety, even after 12+ years...I'd have nothing without it.
                          It has not been easy, but it sure has been worth it. I can live in my own skin again...I care about other people unconditionally...I can stand my own reflection in the mirror when I shave. I've been given a new life.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X