Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I call 911 to get a dying skunk removed from my front yard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I call 911 to get a dying skunk removed from my front yard?

I can't find a number for the cities animal control and can't get a hold of anyone on saturday. It's been there all morning right by my sidewalk. It just sits there and shakes anytime I open the door to see if it's still there, but it never leaves.

i wouldnt think 911 would bother with it. animal control is who you need to call.
    crazy situation you got there shibby

Comment

call your closest animal shelter or vet, they will know the number for animal control.

Comment

u can also call the police NON-emergency number for help, they could give you a phone number.

Comment

I am having trouble getting a hold of anyone. I guess since it's the Saturday after thanksgiving. I gotten some after hours type numbers that you can leave messages, but no call backs yet.

Comment

Damn, I tried balling up some newspaper and lighting it on fire to smoke it away, the stupid thing slightly moved away (a few inches) turned and stuck his tail in it. Now the hair on his tail is half burned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
              Damn, I tried balling up some newspaper and lighting it on fire to smoke it away, the stupid thing slightly moved away (a few inches) turned and stuck his tail in it. Now the hair on his tail is half burned off.
              LOL. sorry bro that is funny!
              do you have a BB gun or a .22? shoot that thing before it sprays you.

Comment

Well it's dead and gone. The smell has been effecting all the neighbors too. A couple of the neighbors came over and shot it a few times with a pellet gun and then hit over the head with a bat. He put it in a trash bag a took it too dump it in the woods.

Comment

Well it's dead and gone. The smell has been effecting all the neighbors too. A couple of the neighbors came over and shot it a few times with a pellet gun and then hit over the head with a bat. He put it in a trash bag a took it too dump it in the woods.
                  lol where the fuck do you live? no police work on saturday and your neighbors are bashing skunks over the head after they were lit on fire by yours truly, lol :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
                    lol where the fuck do you live? no police work on saturday and your neighbors are bashing skunks over the head after they were lit on fire by yours truly, lol :rofl:
                    :rofl::rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
                      bwahahahaha. the lighting on fire part is pretty damn funny. shibby and his adventures.

Comment

I never called 911. My guess is that they were all hoping some other department would take care of it. Another neighbor works for the parks and recreation. He said he would try and get a hold of someone but I guess that fell through too.

Comment

I never called 911. My guess is that they were all hoping some other department would take care of it. Another neighbor works for the parks and recreation. He said he would try and get a hold of someone but I guess that fell through too.
                          i am moving there....its sounds like a free state :drunk:

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out this state. Some really weird laws since it's part of some common wealth. One of the first things I heard about when I moved here is you can't buy anything less than a case of beer unless you get it from a bar.

Comment

Working...
                            X