Preparing for a colonoscopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for a colonoscopy

NOt sure if anyone here has had one done, but that day before you can only have clear/yellow liquids. No solid foods, nothig red or purple. Pretty much only broth, some types of italian ice and liquids.

I am having one done next monday. I was debating on what to do sunday. I was thinking of not eating any type of calories to shock my body into growing when I started up eating again monday. But I am afraid of what it might do to my body. So do you guys think I I load up on borth and italian ice, or just fast for 24 hours?

wouldnt fast. its only been a couple yrs but i guess i just ate alot of broth and maybe some sugar free pops (btw, its not nearly as bad as you might think)

Comment

I know a girl that just got one done. She was feeling abnormal the day of and the day after until her body got back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by gymratin View Post
        wouldnt fast. its only been a couple yrs but i guess i just ate alot of broth and maybe some sugar free pops (btw, its not nearly as bad as you might think)
        your kidding right -- when you eat every 2 hours its sucks bro -- i have had 4 done and hated fasting for everyone of them --

Comment

Quite often animals in care are given starve days with just water only, seen as a good way to clear the system. It might not be such a bad thing and would presumably give the renal system a down time

Comment

Working...
          X