Woman burnt to death after setting her own car alight in road-rage incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman burnt to death after setting her own car alight in road-rage incident

Woman rams someone's car in road rage incident, floors the accelerator and spins her tires until they light her car ablaze, then refuses to get out of the car and tells everyone to "fuck off" as flames engulf the car. She was burned alive.

Sorry but.. :rofl:

It was the ultimate expression of road rage. A furious woman driver died after ramming another vehicle and spinning her wheels so fast that her own car burst into flames.

Serena Sutton-Smith, 54, burnt to death after refusing to get out of her Vauxhall Nova as she sat with her foot flat on the accelerator.

She spun the wheels so fast that her tyres disintegrated and the metal rims sent a shower of sparks into the engine, igniting the brake fluid and setting the car on fire.

Appalled onlookers urged her to get out of the car as the flames licked around her but she told them to “F*** off”, an inquest in Gloucester was told.

The road-rage attack took place on a quiet country road in the Cotswolds between Weston sub Edge and Mickleton in Gloucestershire.

The inquest heard that Paula Small was driving her Fiat Punto when Ms Sutton-Smith emerged from a side road without stopping, causing her to swerve to avoid a collision. Mrs Small was forced on the grass verge and she flashed her lights as Ms Sutton-Smith passed her.

Ms Sutton-Smith then pulled over and Mrs Small stopped a short way in front of her. She was getting out when the Vauxhall Nova rammed her car.

Mrs Small said: “I opened my door and put my foot out but as I was getting out there was a bang and I hit my head on the door frame. I was frozen with terror.” As neighbours came to investigate they saw Ms Sutton-Smith sitting with a furious expression, revving her engine and spinning her wheels.

Nicholas Willmore told the inquest that he was in his workshop at Cottage Farm Antiques when his mother alerted him to what was happening outside. As he walked across the road to the two cars he saw smoke coming from the engine of the Nova.

He said: “There was a deafening sound of an engine running as though someone had a foot stuck on the accelerator.

“The car’s front wheels were spinning and there was loads of revving. I could see a biggish person at the wheel and there was movement in the car. Flames were coming from underneath the car and I thought the person might be trapped inside although I couldn’t hear any shouting.

“I opened the driver’s door wide. It opened easily. The person looked at me, it was a big built woman. I said ’You’ve got to get out of the car. It’s going to burst into flames’.

Full Story: Woman burnt to death after setting her own car alight in road-rage incident - Times Online

Natural selection doing the work. It is a shame we don't let it happen enough.

Comment

That lady was either messed up in the head or she had a death wish. Either way, that was one of the stupidest people ever.

Comment

Must have been really drunk or just fucking crazy.

Comment

Darwin Award

Comment

Working...
          X