Doctor's visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor's visit

Ok so i went to see my doctor for a physical and to get my college's "Mandatory Health Form," filled out. Great guy and admires me as a patient.

Got my height checked out and weight. One year ago i weighed in at 230, today at 233. Took my BP 142/70

After talking with him, he said you're very healthy and whatever you're doing keep it up. Asked a few question and asked if I had any concerns or not.

he than asked me if i was on steroids. I said NO, but i am thinking about using them. He just looked at me. I than proceeded to tell him that no long term health studies are shown that links steroids to death, and if so, where are the bodies? Where is the research to show that steroids lead to hardening of the arteries?

I said with proper usage, it will not do anything. Abuse on the other hand will kill you.

After talkin to him more, he said still you shouldn't do it because it isn't "natural"

Are you fucking kidding me? Thats his response, it isn't "natural"?

He is a smart guy, but when it comes to even to supplement usage he doesn't agree with it.

My question is, how many primary care physicians are tools like this dude?

if your health is fine I wouldn't even open my mouth about AAS w/my doctor bro - fuckin you think they don't talk like other people? Trust me those receptionists - nurses w/e , they all flap their gums behind ppls back. But your doctor is basically giving you the best way for him not to wind up with a mal practice suit talk.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
      Ok so i went to see my doctor for a physical and to get my college's "Mandatory Health Form," filled out. Great guy and admires me as a patient.

Got my height checked out and weight. One year ago i weighed in at 230, today at 233. Took my BP 142/70

After talking with him, he said you're very healthy and whatever you're doing keep it up. Asked a few question and asked if I had any concerns or not.

he than asked me if i was on steroids. I said NO, but i am thinking about using them. He just looked at me. I than proceeded to tell him that no long term health studies are shown that links steroids to death, and if so, where are the bodies? Where is the research to show that steroids lead to hardening of the arteries?

I said with proper usage, it will not do anything. Abuse on the other hand will kill you.

After talkin to him more, he said still you shouldn't do it because it isn't "natural"

Are you fucking kidding me? Thats his response, it isn't "natural"?

He is a smart guy, but when it comes to even to supplement usage he doesn't agree with it.

My question is, how many primary care physicians are tools like this dude?
      i have never really come across a primary that knew what i expected them to know when it comes to AAS. they just arent educated in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
        Well I can honestly tell you that I've just been lucky with my Dr's bro...They've given me scripts for test/hcg/clomid/nolva and had them offered for GH....I think it's all in how you approach it, but then again, that's not always going to help either.

I've always been up front with my Dr's and said that I would need their help; they can't deny to help you, that's the the key...If you're on AAS and you go in there letting then know you're about to come off and need the assistance, they can't deny the help...They'll give you the lecture and all though.
        Well you're just lucky with all that. I asked my doctor for a full blood work and even testing on my thyroid, liver, and kidney's. He said I doubt your insurance will cover you.

He even tried to talk me out of getting my blood work done. I always ask for blood work. Every year I have had my blood work done, they have come out normal; no issues.

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        i have never really come across a primary that knew what i expected them to know when it comes to AAS. they just arent educated in the area.
        Well of course. You have taken the time to research and experiment. My doctor told me creatine is bad and it will cause kidney failure.

i have a lot of respect for my primary care physician, but after today I wanna smack him.

Comment

I don't agree...It's just that most people don't know how to use AAS or abuse them. They get greedy and Dr's know that...I mean come on....We all say I just want to gain 10-15lbs and that's it...But is that really the case...nope...So Dr's tell you all the cons about it rather than telling you can take AAS if you use proper medications and keep the proper use of them.
          but its the stupid comments they always make like "its not natural" or "what is tren", or "steroids really dont make you bigger" (said to me). those kind of comments do not scream educated on the subject bro. lol.

Comment

i agree with rado, your insurance will cover a full blood work panel. it may not cover your test levels etc.. but def everything else.

Comment

I find that quite odd bro...What kind of insurance do you have? If you don't mind me asking....It's BS what your Dr said; period...It's how your Dr bills your insurance for the blood work....I've learned through out the years how to manipulate the system.
              CareFirst BlueChoice

He said the reason is, I am too young to have these tests. There are no indications that i should have a test done. I am normal and he didn't find any signs/symptoms that show I have a failing thyroid, kidney, and/or liver.

Its whatever, i don't care.

Comment

CareFirst BlueChoice

He said the reason is, I am too young to have these tests. There are no indications that i should have a test done. I am normal and he didn't find any signs/symptoms that show I have a failing thyroid, kidney, and/or liver.

Its whatever, i don't care.
                why you always talk like your 16 or some shit? your like 21 or 22 now. just a few years younger then me. i had blood work done from when i was 18 on.

Comment

Ok....I can see where's he coming from on that...But when was the last time you had a complete full lipid panel...Insurances will cover those once a year...Never heard of your insurance bro, sorry...I've always had Anthem/AETNA PPO

Yes that is correct, my full lipid panel is covered once a year

why you always talk like your 16 or some shit? your like 21 or 22 now. just a few years younger then me. i had blood work done from when i was 18 on.
                  lol... This is a forum man, in the real world i speak differently.

I am 20, turning 21 in 2 weeks :)

I have been getting blood work done since 13.

Hypertension and high cholesterol run in the family. Thankfully *knocking on wood* I don't have either.

Comment

Yes that is correct, my full lipid panel is covered once a year

lol... This is a forum man, in the real world i speak differently.

I am 20, turning 21 in 2 weeks :)

I have been getting blood work done since 13.

Hypertension and high cholesterol run in the family. Thankfully *knocking on wood* I don't have either.
                    well anyway, you dont use steroids or anything so i doubt you need all those tests anyway.

Comment

well anyway, you dont use steroids or anything so i doubt you need all those tests anyway.
                      Of course, I would like to know where I am at with those numbers now.

Steroids are in the game plan for the future.

Comment

Of course, I would like to know where I am at with those numbers now.

Steroids are in the game plan for the future.
                        yea, sounds like you have hit a plateau in terms of weight etc..

start low dose and see how you react.

Comment

yea, sounds like you have hit a plateau in terms of weight etc..

start low dose and see how you react.
                          Are you kidding me?

I got up to 243, most of it was fat :( Just controlled calorie intake and brought myself down to 233 and holding.

You know my diet man. Keeping it clean daily. As far as strength is concerned, i can lift more. I just need time.

With running test, i am nervous. I had really bad acne in high school. I don't want that shit to return.

Comment

Are you kidding me?

I got up to 243, most of it was fat :( Just controlled calorie intake and brought myself down to 233 and holding.

You know my diet man. Keeping it clean daily. As far as strength is concerned, i can lift more. I just need time.

With running test, i am nervous. I had really bad acne in high school. I don't want that shit to return.
                            how lean are you at 233lbs? i know you dont know the % but do you have abs? would you feel good about going to the beach etc.. or are you holding a lot of fat right now?

Comment

how lean are you at 233lbs? i know you dont know the % but do you have abs? would you feel good about going to the beach etc.. or are you holding a lot of fat right now?

Ya body fat is around 15%. No abs. Just slight indentations on the sides of my stomach showing slight formation of side abs. don't mind going to the beach and taking my shirt off.

Before i started my internship, I was swimming for cardio and I was shedding weight very quickly 3-4lbs a week.

Then I had my cyst and all that drama with the ER, and now holding at 233-236 depending on the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X