Good friends to a relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good friends to a relationship

Without going into to it too much, I'm sorta at a cross roads - I really enjoy being w/the girl im with, we go back and she's good for me - my biggest fear is that I know friendships never last too well (at least for me) after a relationship ends. I'm not saying this relationship will end, it's just starting off - how many of you guys / ladies were close w/your significant other before you started going out etc .

never for me, always been wham bam and in there, never remained in constant contact or contact at all with and Ex either

Comment

Ex gf I was friends with her for 4 years before we dated and now we don't speak...

Comment

I don't talk to any ex's, but the only real relationship I had before my wife, I was friends with her before for 3 years. Never dated anyone I was friends with first other than her.

Comment

I'm gonna talk it over w/her - it's not a one sided thing. Risk vs reward, we get a long real well - I would like to go with it.

Comment

What's more rewarding, having her as a friend or as something more? other than that the future is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by the art of war View Post
              I'm gonna talk it over w/her - it's not a one sided thing. Risk vs reward, we get a long real well - I would like to go with it.
              Talk what bro?

'Oh so listen, things are going really well and er well I've been thinking about a way I can fuck it up... you know how we're really good freinds and all well if we break up I'll probably never speak to you again' WTF Bro???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cross that bridge when you come to that shit and don't be so negative, you could get killed walking out your front door

You just gave me an anal spasm with that shit:fight:

Comment

Not really much to talk about unless you guys decide not to date. Things are going to happen otherwise, and if the relationship eventually ends....well, you can't decide today what's going to happen when that time comes.
                Last edited by FitnessBrat; 09-23-09, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                  Talk what bro?

'Oh so listen, things are going really well and er well I've been thinking about a way I can fuck it up... you know how we're really good freinds and all well if we break up I'll probably never speak to you again' WTF Bro???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cross that bridge when you come to that shit and don't be so negative, you could get killed walking out your front door

You just gave me an anal spasm with that shit:fight:
                  I think you misunderstood me bro lol - but I'm glad i gave you an anal spasm :D!!!! Shib, I think it's worth going for honestly - and like you guys have said you can't control the future, but you can certainly take the right steps to try not and fuck it up :).

Comment

dna started to like my friend and used to go on and on about her to me. i knew for a fact that my friend would never go for dna, mainly because he's younger than her and she doesn't find younger guys "attractive". anyway, i knew dna for about 2 months before we started dating and even in those 2 months, we grew ridiculously close and opened up to one another about really personal experiences.

my advice is to talk it over with her. if you both think it's a good idea, then go along with it. but then again, make sure you have a chance to re-evaluate your relationship if it becomes a dating one. like 3 or 4 months in ask yourself if it's a "true" bf/gf relationship with feelings (other than sexual) towards one another or if it's really just a friends-with-benefits deal. the sooner you re-evaluate the feelings, the better. that way, you'll also know if there is a future in it for the both of you as well.

just my 2 cents. hope it helps :)

Comment

Originally posted by dbjmofo View Post
                      dna started to like my friend and used to go on and on about her to me. i knew for a fact that my friend would never go for dna, mainly because he is a tool
                      :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                        :rofl:
                        i use contractions you douche.

Comment

Originally posted by the art of war View Post
                          Don't do it!

Comment

things have worked out well. It's nice just enjoying being together with no problems, just good times w/a shorty :D. Thx for input.

Comment

Working...
                            X