Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nissan GT-R reportedly set to receive suspension and aero upgrades, SpecM confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan GT-R reportedly set to receive suspension and aero upgrades, SpecM confirmed

Nissan GT-R reportedly set to receive suspension and aero upgrades, SpecM confirmed — Autoblog

The GT-R is already one of the most devastatingly fast cars on the market, but the speed-hungry record-breakers at Nissan aren't about to rest on their finely calibrated laurels. According to a report from British car site PistonHeads, upon their visit to the Japanese automaker's testing facility at the Nürburgring, they learned that yet another batch of updates are planned for Godzilla in a bid to keep it even further ahead of the competition.

Among those updates reportedly revealed by GT-R project chief Kazutoshi Mizuno are an upgraded suspension, rear diffuser and air intakes. The suspension tweaks promise to be mild, with slightly stiffer dampers and springs at the front and stiffer counterparts at the rear. A pair of NACA ducts, like those on the hood, will reportedly be placed on the car's flanks, while the rear diffuser from the exclusive SpecV model is to be adopted to the standard version as well. Finally, NISMO will be offering a new data system with a PC interface.

A few more details on the rumored SpecM model also came out: while the luxurious GT-R won't be in Tokyo, according to Mizuno, when it does show up some time next year, it will feature extra equipment for a more exclusive feeling and not, as some suggested, dilute any of the supercar's capabilities.

from what i understand. the GT-R is obnoxiously hard to drive in traffic on normal roads. very rough and harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
      I mean wtf is the point of having all that power when you can't drive it like it should be driven on the streets?
      well you cant really drive any kind of car to its limit on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
        Yes you can....:P

I know bro...:)
        give me one example.

Comment

its all about how the power is delivered, a carrera is easy to use as an every day car

Comment

You want torque on the street, it's just fun to jump from stop light to stop light, on the high way the Hi-revs are a blast on the highway. Or find some back roads and tear up it.

Comment

Working...
            X