Black Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday

So, it's a little over a week away...what's everyone in the market for? Do you go buy what's on sale and give it for gifts, or do you go & see if what you want to buy is on sale?

I heard Wal Mart's Black Friday top sale items are TV's this year. Might get one for my parents bedroom for Christmas.

That reminds me- I need ideas for sonis!!! Please help!!!

Comment

lol^

only thing i bought on black friday was a new laptop online a couple years ago. i would never go out to the stores on that day.

Comment

I don't do black friday shopping plus all of these companies are supposedly already having early black friday sales once a week or so.

Black Friday Ads for Black Friday 2009 and Black Friday Deals!

Comment

Love Black Friday, its my excuse to eat McDonalds as my 1st meal :D

Got a 65" DLP Mitsuibish TV for $1300. 50 blank DVD for $13, and some other odds and ends for cheap prices.

Hopefully this year I can get a laptop for like $100 or so. Parents want another TV for the master bedroom so they will keep an eye out for that

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post

Got a 65" DLP Mitsuibish TV for $1300. 50 blank DVD for $13, and some other odds and ends for cheap prices.

Hopefully this year I can get a laptop for like $100 or so. Parents want another TV for the master bedroom so they will keep an eye out for that
            A laptop for $100??? SERIOUSLY?

Comment

One of the big chain stores do that almost every year. It's usually a budget system and the store only has ten or less in stock. You have to camp out and wait forever in line for an entry ticket or some such bullshit.

It comes down to what your time is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
                One of the big chain stores do that almost every year. It's usually a budget system and the store only has ten or less in stock. You have to camp out and wait forever in line for an entry ticket or some such bullshit.

OHHHH. I see. Nah- I don't want one that bad.

Two years ago, I went early (early for me in those days, was out the door at 8am...now I could have that beat by at least an hour) and got a Kitchen Aid standing mixer for like $160. It was the last one! TOTALLY worth every penny- don't know how I survived without it before.

Comment

Yea Im going to get the 82" Mitsu in a day or so, gotta shake this cold.
                  How do you like yours? I understand it wont compare to my plasma or a LED but for $4500 you cant get close to that size.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post

Two years ago, I went early (early for me in those days, was out the door at 8am...now I could have that beat by at least an hour) and got a Kitchen Aid standing mixer for like $160. It was the last one! TOTALLY worth every penny- don't know how I survived without it before.

I got about the same deal on Amazon one time. LOVE that mixer and it will last forever!

Comment

got a Kitchen Aid standing mixer
                      Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                      I got about the same deal on Amazon one time. LOVE that mixer and it will last forever!
                      hahaha. gotta love the fact that the women are talking about kitchen appliances and the men are talking about electronics. stereotypical anyone?

my mom got a ps1 AGES ago for like $50 from wal-mart when they were the hottest thing out. and my aunt goes to Macy's every year. when they open at 6am, they give out $100 gift cards. if you play your cards right, you can get a few of them if you know what entrances to go to.

Comment

A laptop for $100??? SERIOUSLY?
                        lol.. yes i am serious. Its going to be a simple one for taking notes on it and using it around campus.

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post

Yup, its not worth it. I have better things to do.

OHHHH. I see. Nah- I don't want one that bad.

Awesome! My mom wants one

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                        How do you like yours? I understand it wont compare to my plasma or a LED but for $4500 you cant get close to that size.
                        82"??? I have never heard of Mitsui making a DLP that big.

Ya dude, i like it a lot. For gaming and football its KING! I have it hooked up to a home theater and it sounds nice.

You have to look at it from a correct view, too high or too low, you will have shit quality. It takes a while for the lamp to warm up when you first turn it on. So for the 10s or so, don't expect to see your picture. Also, for about 40s the picture is a little dark, and after 1-2min the lamp warms up and brightens very nicely.

Also, when shutting of the TV, the lamps have to cool off, and it will make a few clicking noises, and you will see the light indicator on the TV Panel flash.

Comment

lol.. yes i am serious. Its going to be a simple one for taking notes on it and using it around campus.

Yup, its not worth it. I have better things to do.

Awesome! My mom wants one

82"??? I have never heard of Mitsui making a DLP that big.

Ya dude, i like it a lot. For gaming and football its KING! I have it hooked up to a home theater and it sounds nice.

You have to look at it from a correct view, too high or too low, you will have shit quality. It takes a while for the lamp to warm up when you first turn it on. So for the 10s or so, don't expect to see your picture. Also, for about 40s the picture is a little dark, and after 1-2min the lamp warms up and brightens very nicely.

Also, when shutting of the TV, the lamps have to cool off, and it will make a few clicking noises, and you will see the light indicator on the TV Panel flash.
                          Mitsubishi WD-82837 82" 1080p rear-projection DLP HDTV at Crutchfield.com

Is this the same model you have?

Comment

Sounds like one big retail con, better to wait for the january sales I say

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                              dlp is shit. get LED.

Comment

Working...
                              X