Golds Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golds Gym

So, there were about 5 Golds gyms in my area that I knew of. There is a 6th close by, but I haven't heard about it yet. Each one of the 5 Golds has closed down and all the equipment has been removed from the building.

I know my Y has seen membership decrease because of the economy, so I can imagine "Gyms" have a worse time. Its just funny that they are all Golds that are closing.

yea, golds have been crashing for about 8-9 years now. bad business model. they were a true gym and when they saw Clubs like LA Fitness doing well they tried to follow. they took down all the bodybuilding pictures etc.. and tried to be an la fitness. the outcome... the la fitness people went to la fitness and the true golds members left because they felt betrayed by golds.

Comment

My gold's is still mostly old school, bodybuilding posters all weight equipment and the cardio equipment shoved in the corner. Also I noticed less cars in planet fitness parking lot and more in Gold's. I think the girls started to notice all the creeps joining planet fitness to stare at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
        My gold's is still mostly old school, bodybuilding posters all weight equipment and the cardio equipment shoved in the corner. Also I noticed less cars in planet fitness parking lot and more in Gold's. I think the girls started to notice all the creeps joining planet fitness to stare at them.
        What general area are you in?

Comment

Gold's themselves are franchises (like McD's). In an area the same owner usually owns more than 1. If you take a look at what gyms are reciprocating (like multi-gym membership) that will let you know if it's the location or an overall problem.

Comment

There has a been a Golds inside the Baltimore Inner Harbor for ages. Multi-level building right next to the hardrock cafe, ESPN Zone, and Barnes & Nobles.

Never once have I seen someone enter or exit the place.

Comment

I'm up in Mass, the two Gold's gyms in the area are the same way and from what I can tell the memberships are growing. They are always packed with people.

Comment

My old gym was a Gold's and the owner decided to drop the name, he told me that the rates to keep they name had gotten crazy, but then I figured if he was saving money he should of lowered the cost for the members as well.

Comment

golds in most part of the country have turned gay or went out of business. dont be surprised konitz if one day you pull up and its called planet fitness. lol

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    golds in most part of the country have turned gay or went out of business. dont be surprised konitz if one day you pull up and its called planet fitness. lol
                    Already happened to a gym that was considered a legend to many around here, two bodybuilders owned it, they sold it and moved two florida. They guy who bought it sold out and made it into a planet fitness. :pissed:

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
                      two bodybuilders owned it, they sold it and moved two florida.
                      :doggy::rofl:

Comment

Working...
                      X