musical insturments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• musical insturments

would you put your kid in some sort of classes for a musical instrument? i used to play flute (not jazz, sorry). i played a little clarinet and some marimba and drums. i'm a dork, i know. but it was my initiative to start, nothing something my parents forced.

I would ask my child if he/she is interested and would like to try out an instrument.

Comment

My older son (9 years old) has been learning piano since he was 5. He loves it - he has perfect pitch and loves composing even more than playing. He is also taking classes in composition and orchestration right now. My younger son i(5 years old) s taking violin lessons.

While one should never force lessons on kids if they are not interested, you also need to push them a little. It is hard for young kids to self-motivate themselves and have the dedication to practice.

Comment

a grown up man that can play the piano is a stud. thats a guy that will have swagger in his life.

but a grown up man that plays a flute is a fruit. (that rhymes, cant be a coincidence. :D)

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          a grown up man that can play the piano is a stud. thats a guy that will have swagger in his life.

but a grown up man that plays a flute is a fruit. (that rhymes, cant be a coincidence. :D)
          you could try to up your swagger with learning the piano, but you're too douche-y

Comment

Originally posted by dbjmofo View Post
            you could try to up your swagger with learning the piano, but you're too douche-y
            tell me you dont agree?

if dna sat down at a piano and started out busting out tunes you would be impressed. but if dna whipped out his fucken flute and started tooting along you would die a little inside.

Comment

tell me you dont agree?

if dna sat down at a piano and started out busting out tunes you would be impressed. but if dna whipped out his fucken flute and started tooting along you would die a little inside.
              i do agree. a man who can play the ivories is very attractive. john legend could have me at his side if he sang to me. but i am asking if you'd put forth the initiative to put your kid in lessons/tutoring. the QB at my high school was not only on the varsity football team but was in the band as well. he was also really smart (and quite good-looking).

Comment

i do agree. a man who can play the ivories is very attractive. john legend could have me at his side if he sang to me. but i am asking if you'd put forth the initiative to put your kid in lessons/tutoring. the QB at my high school was not only on the varsity football team but was in the band as well. he was also really smart (and quite good-looking).
                if my son wanted to play piano then fine. but if he wanted to play flute or some shit i would punch him in the stomach.

Comment

if my son wanted to play piano then fine. but if he wanted to play flute or some shit i would punch him in the stomach.
                  understandable. what about clarinet? or tuba?

Comment

understandable. what about clarinet? or tuba?
                    those are both gay too.

drums are ok. same with guitar.

Comment

those are both gay too.

drums are ok. same with guitar.
                      banjo? ukulele?

Comment

banjo? ukulele?
                        those are gay with a dash of hillbilly. so fuck no.

i will push my son to go with autotune!

Comment

those are gay with a dash of hillbilly. so fuck no.

i will push my son to go with autotune!
                          ... so you're planning to have a kid with no musical abilities?

Comment

... so you're planning to have a kid with no musical abilities?
                            YouTube - T Pain Obama Auto-Tune

Comment

Working...
                            X