Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You say I'm trying to destroy the foundation of our country. I say you already did.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You say I'm trying to destroy the foundation of our country. I say you already did.

Just a couple high (or low depending on how you look at it) points of the topic.

The Pledge of Allegiance to the United States is an oath of loyalty to the republic of the United States of America, originally composed by Francis Bellamy in 1892. The Pledge has been modified four times since then, with the most recent change adding the words "under God" in 1954.

The Original Pledge 1892

“I pledge allegiance to my flag and the republic for which it stands: one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all.”

In God We Trust is the official motto of the United States and the U.S. state of Florida. The motto first appeared on a United States coin in 1864 during strong Christian sentiment emerging during the Civil War, but In God We Trust did not become the official U.S. national motto until after the passage of an Act of Congress in 1956.[1][2] It is codified as federal law in the United States Code at 36 U.S.C. § 302, which provides: "In God we trust" is the national motto".

The original national motto: "E Pluribus Unum"

The original motto of the United States was secular. "E Pluribus Unum" is Latin for "One from many" or "One from many parts." It refers to the welding of a single federal state from a group of individual political units -- originally colonies and now states.

On 1776-JUL-4, Congress appointed John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson to prepare a design for the Great Seal of the United States. The first design, submitted to Congress on 1776-AUG-10 used the motto "E Pluribus Unum." It was rejected. Five other designs also failed to meet with Congress' approval during the next five years. In 1782, Congress asked Mr. Thomson, Secretary of Congress, to complete the project. Thomson, along with a friend named Barton, produced a design that was accepted by Congress on 1782-JUN-10. It included an eagle with a heart-shaped shield, holding arrows and an olive branch in its claws. The motto "E Pluribus Unum" appeared on a scroll held in its beak. The seal was first used on 1782-SEP-16. It was first used on some federal coins in 1795. 1
    Last edited by Shibby; 12-01-09, 11:06 PM.

I think its a high. Just showing how we're engaging topics differently, and how we adjust

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
      I think its a high.
      huh?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        huh?
        read shibby's post. First line, he says hi or low, but with hi, i think he meant "high" not "hi" as in a greeting.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
          read shibby's post. First line, he says hi or low, but with hi, i think he meant "high" not "hi" as in a greeting.
          Great job on ignoring the topic again you fucking nitwit. :thumup:

Comment

did this thread start out of a different thread? seems like you guys are responding to an already established thread or something. seems random.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
              Great job on ignoring the topic again you fucking nitwit. :thumup:
              it was my pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                did this thread start out of a different thread? seems like you guys are responding to an already established thread or something. seems random.
                The thread is a topic I have been meaning to start but kept forgetting. The euro chic reminded me.

As for DNA, he along with others like to make some inane point instead of talking about the real issue. I could guess why and probably be at least 90% correct, but that too would digress from the topic.

Comment

i think shibby is getting at the point that though the founders of our country set a very strong foundation we managed to fuck it up (and with shibby's examples, with the insertion of religion"

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
                    The thread is a topic I have been meaning to start but kept forgetting. The euro chic reminded me.

As for DNA, he along with others like to make some inane point instead of talking about the real issue. I could guess why and probably be at least 90% correct, but that too would digress from the topic.
                    ahh i see.

interesting post though. had no clue the whole god thing was just added in the last 50 some years.

Comment

Originally posted by dbjmofo View Post
                      i think shibby is getting at the point that though the founders of our country set a very strong foundation we managed to fuck it up (and with shibby's examples, with the insertion of religion"
                      yea i get that. just dna's response and the way the thread was worded made me thing it spawned from a different thread.

Comment

This is another interesting one

Stone v. Graham, 449 U.S. 39 (1980), was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that a Kentucky statute requiring the posting of a copy of the Ten Commandments, purchased with private contributions, on the wall of each public classroom in the State, was unconstitutional, in violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, because it lacked a secular legislative purpose.
                        I can't find a date when the 10 commandments started being a staple of court room interior design. Lately some have been kept up due to a defense that it's being displayed as a historical document, not a religious symbol. If they haven't already they will add things like the star spangled banner, the constitution, magna carta... Now where they are starting to fail is that instead of trying to remove the 10 commandments, people are trying to add Islamic and other "historical documents" to the wall and being turned down.

Comment

Also when you are out and see a nativity scene at a public setting, see how much they have added secular images around it. This is to draw focus away from the nativity scene so people won't say too much. Also see if people are trying to get permits to display their own religious scenes on the same land and getting turned down.

Comment

And then?

Comment

Working...
                            X