Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 107 (spoiler inside)

Some great fights there tonight.

I think BJ Penn had Sanchez in the first round, he should of kept pursuing him for that knockout.
    HOLY HELL!!! That TKO at the end was insane. After that kick, i swear that cut looked like his eyebrow had actually moved up. Cut looked nasty...

Thats 6' 11" bastard has no right in the UFC, get your ass to the NBA. Short mexican dude had him. He had the KO set to go. Fuckin height difference is gay.

Kongo and Mir... Ended way to fast. Looks like Kongo got surprised and just tipped over and submitted.

Florian and Guida was good. I loved that energy in the ring. Constant moving, hitting, and never backing down. Damn good fight for sure.

Sorry for improper names or any false information about the UFC. Still learning about different fighters.

no.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
      So Sanchez won?????????
      No sir, Sanchez lost. In fact he lost every round. If the fight where to finish and had it gone to decision, BJ Penn would have won.

Fight got ended because of a TKO. Penn kicked Sanchez above his left eye and just tor his face. Blood was gushing out. Ref called an immediate timeout, and the trainers couldn't stop the bleeding. That cut was the length of a pussy man, shit was gross, you could see the inside of the wound, lol.

His face after the fight looked like he got into a car crash. It was swollen, bruised, shit was not right.

Sanchez said he wants to fight again.

Comment

bump for Rado. We posted at the same time, read what I wrote

Comment

I love that kid....Great heart and true fighter...he has a lot to learn on one day he'll be a champ.
          Ya, he made a lot of mistakes against Penn. He wasn't ready to face him.

Penn was toying with him left and right, so bad. Guy didn't even break a sweat, so well conditioned.

Comment

I did bro....Sanchez still has a lot to learn and BJ was the toughest fight of his life.
            Yes sir I agree

Comment

BJs are just that good...Oh well, back to eating my peach cobbler:P
              :rofl::rofl:

Comment

Not a BJ Penn fan but he looked better than I have ever seen him. He made Sanchez look like a beginner.

Comment

Stefan Struve beat Paul Buentello by decision. This was an incredibly exciting fight, with both men delivering some incredible offense, including a number of brutal counters by Buentello in the second round. But Struve had superior conditioning and managed to barely keep control in the third round, giving him the fight.

Kenny Florian beat Clay Guida by submission in the second round. Guida was cut open by a Florian elbow late in the first round, and from there it was just a matter of time before KENFLO secured the choke and the tap.

Jon Fitch beat Mike Pierce by unanimous decision. Pierce actually rallied towards the end of the fight with a nice combination, but it was too late to take home a fight where Fitch had controlled the first two rounds.

Frank Mir beat Cheick Kongo by KO. Christ, this was brutal. Mir threw a hideous left hook, Kongo went down, Mir hooked the guillotine and that was it, in a minute twelve.

B.J. Penn beat Diego Sanchez by ref stoppage at the end of the 5th round. On a night where a number of fighters showed color, it was only fitting that the main event be decided by blood. But it's not like Penn needed the help - he clearly had Sanchez overmatched all fight with speed and technique, laying in tons of brutal strikes while ably resisting all of Diego's takedown attempts. A sick Penn kick in the fifth opened up a huge cut in Sanchez's forehead that started gouting blood, and ref Herb Dean stopped the match.

On the whole, this was an exciting night of fights that showed the UFC can still deliver, keeping us hopeful going into 2010. What did you think?
                  Posted On December 13th, 2009 by K. Thor Jensen in Sports

Comment

Working...
                  X