Anyone deal with tendonitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone deal with tendonitis

ok, so I gotta it bad in my right elbow radiating into my forearm. I can't lift upper body and its driving me bonkers. My doctor is a moron lol and I am about ready to get some cortisone but don't want the problem to be worse. I am hoping to get a MRI done next week and then consult a orthopedic surgeon for the possible next step. Whats odd is that it hurts more in the mornings ? Its not so bad during the day but I sometimes get this sharp shooting needle pain.

Who knows when I will be competing again :(

I have dealt with tendonitis in my right elbow as well... It started when I was young because of me being a pitcher in baseball, after that I wasn't able to pitch anymore so I quit baseball...

I know it sucks but physioterapy is the best way to try and heal it... Icing it will keep the inflammation down when it starts to act up but won't take the pain away and I know it can be pretty painful... I wouldn't suggest cortizone since that just masks the problem and it will get worse

Comment

also, if you feel your doc isnt doing his job get a new one. look for a doc who deals with athletes etc.. we have tons in jersey.

Comment

I've dealt with bad tendonitis in my elbow. I got Active Release on the tricep and forearm, and it made a world of difference; the theory was that by loosening up the tricep and the forearm it would give the elbow tendon more 'slack' and allow it to heal better, and the theory was correct (along with proper rest, and collagen supplements). Find a licensed ART provider near you and give it a shot. There is a website where you can check the credentials:

Active Release Techniques®

Comment

argh got a cortisone shot today... none of you mofos were there to hold my hand :(

the doctor looked at me and said, argh you must lift weights LOL... I feel so mushy and everyone thinks I still look muscular ugh.. :tired: meh!

anyway wearing a wrist support on a strong anti-inflammatory and the shot. I almost fell off the table when he applied pressure to test my elbow, actually I almost banged him in the face my arm flew up so fast ARGH

Now my arm is in worse pain and he said he prob would feel worse before better :(

NO UPPER body training for 4 weeks, WTF am I suppose to do :pissed:

Comment

Originally posted by WonderWoman View Post

NO UPPER body training for 4 weeks, WTF am I suppose to do :pissed:
            eat :retard:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              eat :retard:
              :pissed: no friggin way lol.. I have to keep my diet clean otherwise my ass will explode LOL

Comment

Originally posted by WonderWoman View Post
                :pissed: no friggin way lol.. I have to keep my diet clean otherwise my ass will explode LOL
                Thats not a bad thing!!!!!!!!!lol

Hate to say it but I had elbow Tendinitis and had to give up working bis for 4 months!!!!!

We're all different though and keep us posted...

gator

Comment

Working...
                X