Choke proof hot dogs...wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke proof hot dogs...wtf

Are you kidding me? Change the shape and size of hot dogs....how about parenting instead.

By Frank Pompa, USA TODAY

Nutritionists have long warned of the perils of hot dogs: fat, sodium and preservatives to name a few.
    Now, the American Academy of Pediatrics wants foods like hot dogs to come with a warning label — not because of their nutritional risks but because they pose a choking hazard to babies and children.

Better yet, the academy would like to see foods such as hot dogs "redesigned" so their size, shape and texture make them less likely to lodge in a youngster's throat. More than 10,000 children under 14 go to the emergency room each year after choking on food, and up to 77 die, says the new policy statement, published online today in Pediatrics. About 17% of food-related asphyxiations are caused by hot dogs.

Pediatricians call for a choke-proof hot dog - USATODAY.com

Will they now be ribbed for her pleasure?

Comment

i bet you have chocked on some "hot dogs" in your day.

Comment

If the kids did not try to down it Jenna Jameson style they wouldn't have choking problems; teach your kid how to eat.

Comment

We know NC has.

Comment

Originally posted by Timma View Post
            We know NC has.
            :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              i bet you have chocked on some "hot dogs" in your day.
              LOL

Comment

I honestly never cared for hot dogs. Don't care for the taste nor the amount of shit thats loaded up in it.

If people stopped trying to deep throat a fuckin hot dog, we wouldn't have this issue.

I bet you its those stupid 13-14 year old girls trying to hot and sexy by teasing the boys with the hot dog. "Ohh.. let me stick this 8" hot dog down my throat and than take it out in one piece." :wacko:

Comment

I don't care for them either, but I thought it was another prime example of the "pussification" of america.

Comment

last time i handled a hot dog was in 8th grade when we were playing with liquid nitrogen and we shattered it on the floor. good times.

but it's kind of like the "CAUTION: CONTENTS MAY BE HOT!" on coffee cups.

Comment

Originally posted by dbjmofo View Post
                      last time i handled a hot dog was in 8th grade when we were playing with liquid nitrogen and we shattered it on the floor. good times.

but it's kind of like the "CAUTION: CONTENTS MAY BE HOT!" on coffee cups.
                      In 5th grade this piece of the banana the guy shattered landed in front of me, I reached out to touch it and the adults went ape shit.

Last year in physics my weird teacher had some sort of circuit that was special, and we cooked hot dogs on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post

Last year in physics my weird teacher had some sort of circuit that was special, and we cooked hot dogs on it.
                        Let me guess, Physics I Calc based?

Comment

Working...
                        X