AMG working on entry-level coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMG working on entry-level coupe

Mercedes-Benz is diligently trying to attract new, younger customers to its AMG performance line, and one giant step forward might be the introduction of a new small coupe, set to rival small performers such as the Volkswagen Golf R, BMW 1-Series, and so on.

A report from Autocar states that this rumored new AMG coupe would be powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged four with direct injection, mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. This engine may produce as much as 300 horsepower, putting the AMG coupe right in line with the competitive set. Fuel-efficient technologies like brake energy regeneration, stop-start and a shift indicator lamp are likely to make their way into this new model, and all-wheel drive isn't out of the question, either.

Autocar reports that the design of this entry-level AMG model will be previewed by the Mercedes-Benz F800 Style concept, set to make its debut next week at the Geneva Motor Show. Consider our interest piqued.

Rumormill: AMG working on entry-level coupe — Autoblog

if the tag runs less than $30k i'd probably buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by dbjmofo View Post
      LOL prolly pushing 50K

Comment

Originally posted by dbjmofo View Post
        well that's not gonna happen. 40k at least most likely around 45-50k.

Comment

Bad idea.

Don't try to be "entry-level", stick to a focus on quality and prestige.

Fucking up that brand image can haunt a company for years.

Comment

same as that decedeca... its like the porsche boxter, actually a good car but everytime you see someone in one they just look like they couldn't afford the 911 and life hadn't worked out quite as planned, shame really as its a good car.

I'd rather have a second hand AMG 55 or 911

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
              same as that decedeca... its like the porsche boxter, actually a good car but everytime you see someone in one they just look like they couldn't afford the 911 and life hadn't worked out quite as planned, shame really as its a good car.

I'd rather have a second hand AMG 55 or 911
              In the US the Boxster is the ladies Porsche.

Comment

naw, doesn't appeal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                  Fuck that, Cayman S is a great car.

Many people agree that the cayman S captures the original "essence" of what the 911 was supposed to be better then the current 911 does.

that said, i would take a 911 over a cayman s any day.

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
                    Bad idea.
                    Merc cannot produce a fun sporty car for the same amount of money as a 1 or R32 or anything like that, they will end up regretting the C230 all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
                      Merc cannot produce a fun sporty car for the same amount of money as a 1 or R32 or anything like that, they will end up regretting the C230 all over again.
                      The R32 is awesome. I love that that car

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                        well that's not gonna happen. 40k at least most likely around 45-50k.
                        No shit 30 40K never. AMG has the C63 and that is a lil beast anything less and it will not hold the AMG mystic(sp?)

Comment

Working...
                        X