• Show
Clear All

• Sunday Night Football cancelled because of storm

:fight:

Fucken gay

yea man. At least I saw the Ravens win :D

Well, my Tuesday night will be good, will watch the game than

Comment

I couldn't believe that they cancelled that game...Americans are such pussies. :P

1996 Grey Cup game, Canadian Football League. Deep snow, -10 out...and they didn't even consider postponing the game.

YouTube - Gizmo Williams 1996 Grey Cup

All kidding aside, I think that school/events are cancelled in the US at the drop of a hat more for fear of lawsuits than anything else. I can see someone suing the NFL because they got into a car accident on the way to the game, and actually winning money the way the laws are down there.
      Last edited by hitmansb; 12-27-10, 04:24 AM.

Comment

The mayor announced a state of emergency and placed an unofficial curfew or something like that. I guess that stopped them from having employees to run the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb View Post
          I couldn't believe that they cancelled that game...Americans are such pussies. :P

1996 Grey Cup game, Canadian Football League. Deep snow, -10 out...and they didn't even consider postponing the game.

All kidding aside, I think that school/events are cancelled in the US at the drop of a hat more for fear of lawsuits than anything else. I can see someone suing the NFL because they got into a car accident on the way to the game, and actually winning money the way the laws are down there.
          Actually that isn't the case. Yes it is out of fear for people, but it also has to do with the laziness of America as well. Schools are cancelled now at the drop of a hat even with the slight threat of bad weather. I remember only time I ever had off from school is if cars couldnt get out of driveways. If the buses were running it was time for school. But it seems now teachers don't like to work so lets call off school.

Comment

Their other fear was that people would go to the game and then would be snowed into the parking lot and couldn't get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
              Their other fear was that people would go to the game and then would be snowed into the parking lot and couldn't get home.
              Before they cancelled it they were encouraging people to take the trains and buses to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Timma View Post
                Actually that isn't the case. Yes it is out of fear for people, but it also has to do with the laziness of America as well. Schools are cancelled now at the drop of a hat even with the slight threat of bad weather. I remember only time I ever had off from school is if cars couldnt get out of driveways. If the buses were running it was time for school. But it seems now teachers don't like to work so lets call off school.
                nah the districts fear lawsuits bro
                in the city schools never close.

Comment

yes we are a bunch of pussies but you and i both know 99% of those players in CFL are American LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                    yes we are a bunch of pussies but you and i both know 99% of those players in CFL are American LOL

There's a rule that teams can only have a max of 22 'import' players on a 42 man gameday roster. The rest have to be from Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Timma View Post

I remember when I was a kid, because I lived in a border town, I'd hear the cancellations for schools across the river on the radio or see then on TV (we got the CBS affiliate from Watertown, NY); everything over there would be getting cancelled and we'd still have to go to school. I used to be jealous of those kids....they got at least 10 snow days every winter. We were lucky to get one or two.

Comment

I remember when I was a kid, because I lived in a border town, I'd hear the cancellations for schools across the river on the radio or see then on TV (we got the CBS affiliate from Watertown, NY); everything over there would be getting cancelled and we'd still have to go to school. I used to be jealous of those kids....they got at least 10 snow days every winter. We were lucky to get one or two.
                        Yeah the suburbs were like that here. They'd have off but the city schools had to go. Maybe that's why we were so much tougher than them.

Comment

Working...
                        X