Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lot of gun people here. Any bow enthusiasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of gun people here. Any bow enthusiasts?

I have always like using a bow and arrow. Something about the solitude and silence of shooting one. It is a hobby I want to get into some time of the next couple of years. Not for hunting, it would just be target shooting.

i used to volunteer at a fair and i was in charge of the bow-and-arrow area. worst job ever.

Comment

Oddly enough, as much as I hunted growing up in PA, I never bow hunted but I did comptete with recurves for a couple years. I love old recurve bows.

Comment

My brother and father love it, but I never got into it when I was a hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
          I have always like using a bow and arrow. Something about the solitude and silence of shooting one. It is a hobby I want to get into some time of the next couple of years. Not for hunting, it would just be target shooting.
          Im not a hunter I like animals to much but if I did hunt it would be with a bow or a knife. using a gun is just not fair.lol

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
            Oddly enough, as much as I hunted growing up in PA, I never bow hunted but I did comptete with recurves for a couple years. I love old recurve bows.
            I've shot a recurve a bunch of times and a compound only a couple times. I would need to shoot a compound a lot more to see which one I would prefer to excel in. Unless it's possible or enjoyable to work with both...

Comment

I've shot a recurve a bunch of times and a compound only a couple times. I would need to shoot a compound a lot more to see which one I would prefer to excel in. Unless it's possible or enjoyable to work with both...
              If you become proficient with a recurve excelling with a compound is a breeze.

Comment

i like cars.. vroom!

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                  If you become proficient with a recurve excelling with a compound is a breeze.
                  That would be much cheaper as I work into the hobby. Is there any specific way to pick out a bow? What about target arrows, will most anything do?

Comment

That would be much cheaper as I work into the hobby. Is there any specific way to pick out a bow? What about target arrows, will most anything do?
                    My knowledge of the current recurve selections is nonexistent. Its been over 20 yrs since I was involved. As far as target arrows; my only advice is don't blow your money on top of the line and spend more on quantity.

Comment

Working...
                    X