Brutal hit in Bruins v. Canucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutal hit in Bruins v. Canucks

Video: Nathan Horton stretchered off after Aaron Rome hit | Crash The Crease

^lol, that is a VERY late hit he should get fucking booted

Comment

I love playoff hockey!

Comment

Late hit, off the puck. No need for that in hockey. Btw, great game. I had to cancel my son's cartoon plans for the evening because I had to watch the whole game. Little guy was not a happy camper :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by rado
          It's hockey not fucking patty cake....
          Longevity and safety of the athlete is important. That would be equivalent to snapping a guys arm after he taps.

Comment

Hit was late. But at the same time, in hockey, you CANNOT go across the middle with your head down. It has to be on a swivel.

If you look closely, I don't think he actually gets his head with his shoulder. Horton's head smacked the ice hard on the way down. Still, it was a late hit, but I do not think it warranted suspension for the rest of the series. Should have been taken care of on the ice

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysgrowing View Post
              Hit was late. But at the same time, in hockey, you CANNOT go across the middle with your head down. It has to be on a swivel.

If you look closely, I don't think he actually gets his head with his shoulder. Horton's head smacked the ice hard on the way down. Still, it was a late hit, but I do not think it warranted suspension for the rest of the series. Should have been taken care of on the ice

Right out of the NHL rulebook:

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact is not permitted.

The fact that it was such a late hit on top of it makes it a no brainer that this A-hole got a four game suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdoggg View Post
                Right out of the NHL rulebook:

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact is not permitted.

The fact that it was such a late hit on top of it makes it a no brainer that this A-hole got a four game suspension.
                My argument is that it was not a blindside hit nor was the head the principal part of contact. It looks more of a shoulder to chest. As for targeting the head, purely subjective opinion as can any of us know what he was aiming for?

As for the blindside, he was skating in that direction. If you are hit in the front, it cannot be considered a blindside hit. A hit from the side or back I understand. But he was skating forward.

Comment

I can't argue with that.

Comment

Aaron Rome is gone for the rest of the Stanley Cup - suspended 4 games...

Comment

YouTube - ‪YOU GOT KNOCKED THA FUGGG OUT!!!‬‏

Comment

your joking right? his head wasnt down he got hit late blindsided. i just noticed the guys skates came off the ice. he left the ice on that hit which is illegal. hes lucky if he doesnt get fined big and suspended into next season. only one reason to do that and it is to injury a the player. the guys a scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                          your joking right? his head wasnt down he got hit late blindsided. i just noticed the guys skates came off the ice. he left the ice on that hit which is illegal. hes lucky if he doesnt get fined big and suspended into next season. only one reason to do that and it is to injury a the player. the guys a scumbag.
                          I am not saying the hit was legal. It doesn't deserve a 4 game suspension. You can't call it a blindside hit when he gets hit to the front of his body. Late hit, yes. Ugly hit, yes. But not a blindside hit. He hits him with his shoulder square to the front of the body. Horton watched his pass and then looked forward at the last moment. Still should have been dealt with on the ice. Not with a 4 game suspension.

This is hockey. Not ballet

Comment

Retarded game

Comment

It was late...BUT...the reason people are crying foul on this suspension is because the Boston Bruins have had preferential treatment this season on these types of plays. Look at the Chara hit on Pacioretty; the puck was long gone, but he still hit him...making sure to guide his head into the fucking stanchion where the edge of the glass is, knocking him out and breaking his neck, and no suspension. They called it an 'unfortunate circumstance due to location, but still a hockey play' and didn't suspend Chara for a single game. Boston gets off easy every time they do something dirty because their owner is chairman of the NHL Board of Governors and the NHL's head of discipline has a son playing for the Bruins. Boston does something dirty to injure an opponent...they get off the hook. Somebody injures a Bruin though...throw the book at him. It's total bullshit.

Chara hit: YouTube - ‪Zdeno Chara hits Max Pacioretty Mar 8, 2011‬‏

Comment

Working...
                              X