some of these nurses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some of these nurses...

i've been in hospitals a lot growing up and have seen this situation happen a little too often. pretty much the nurse's negligence to maintain sterility and general safety, from dropping opened supplies on the ground and using them anyway or just failure to use glove prior to prepping for a procedure to giving the wrong medication. my grandfather and dad have both had nurses pretty much drop equipment that should be sterile. my aunt was given the completely wrong medication via IV and it passed through 3 checkpoints before it was delivered.

and these are renowned medical facilities. John's Hopkins, University of Maryland, even our local county hospital which is a partner of John's Hopkins.

my question is has anyone else noticed the recent decline in hospital care? i know that a nursing degree isn't hard to get, but i feel like it's getting way too easy.

Here in Canada, a nursing degree is not all that easy to get...it's a fairly intensive three-year degree program, and special designations like intensive care nursing require an additional six-month program. Mistakes usually get made because nurses are severely overworked due to understaffing (hospital administrators trying to keep costs down). You end up with nurses that are either fatigued or rushing, and that's why mistakes get made more often than not.

Comment

Its a 3 year degree here too, I thought it was the same in the states?

Comment

That sucks mofo. Never had an issue with doctors treating me or family members. Maybe its just bad luck with you guys

Comment

no havent noticed that but i was in the ER w/ a friend. think there under staffed long hours etc.. nursing degree isn't easy to get in NY.

Comment

You know a nursing degree isn't all that hard to get?

By the time you do two years of nursing school and all your prerequisites (which aren't exactly cake courses), it's a good three years. It's also EXTREMELY competitive, meaning there's probably a good chance those individuals are passionate about it.

I don't know of anywhere where a nursing degree is easy to get.

Comment

Working...
            X