Office Monitor/TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Monitor/TV

So with our new place we have a spare room. Its gonna be an office 99% of the time and a guest room for holidays etc..

We need a screen that will do well as both a computer monitor and a little TV for guests. TV dont need to be big, just something that guest can have to go to sleep by etc..

Thinking of this set. Samsung UN22D5003 22" 1080p LED LCD HDTV (UN 22 D 5003) at Vanns.com

What do you guys think? I dont want to pay anything over $250 for a monitor/spare tv.

Looks good, although I think 1080p is a waste on a 22 in screen. Most TVs of that size are 720p which is plenty and will knock 75-100 off that price.

Comment

Gotta remember scrum, we are talking about something that needs to be a computer monitor most of the time. 720p is very low res for text etc..

Comment

Yeah, I missed the computer monitor part. The price you quoted sounds pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Yeah, I missed the computer monitor part. The price you quoted sounds pretty good!
          how did you miss that part? its the whole god damn thing. :rofl:

Comment

Not a bad size nor a bad price. Since it will be used for a tv/monitor wouldn't something a little bigger be more useful for TV?

Comment

Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD-1 - 23" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD display w/ TV tuner

i own this model which is a few years older. It is excellent as a monitor and TV. Ive used it for both. THe 22" is a good enough size tv surprisingly. Yours looks even better. The only problem is the channel numbers are so small almost impossible to see from the bed. I can probably make it bigger somehow.

Comment

It's really not gonna be used for a tv, it's a monitor. When guest come they can have the option to turn it on to go to sleep by etc..

Comment

I was using it for a monitor primarily and it worked nicely. swapped it for a Dell 24" and it wasnt much better.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    how did you miss that part? its the whole god damn thing. :rofl:
                    Ha ha.... no I read it, but I didn't make the mental connection regardiug the resolution. :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                    X