Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man dies after fall at MLB game

Yahoo! Video Detail for Texas Rangers Fan Falls After Hamilton Toss, Dies

Man dies after falling out of stands at Rangers game - Big League Stew - MLB Blog - Yahoo! Sports

This kind of thing isn't supposed to happen at the ballpark.

But it has.

A man attending a Texas Rangers game with his young son died after falling out of the left-field stands and about 20 feet to the ground Thursday night.

He was trying to catch a ball flipped into the stands by Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton(notes) but apparently lost his balance and fell head-first in a space between the 14-foot outfield fence and the grandstand near the Oakland Athletics bullpen.

"We had a very tragic accident tonight and one of our fans lost their life reaching over the rail trying to get a ball," team president Nolan Ryan said. "As an organization, and as our team members and our staff, we're very heavy-hearted about this, and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family."

The Brownwood (Texas) Bulletin identified the man as Shannon Stone, a lieutenant in that town's fire department and a fireman for 18 years.

The accident happened in the second inning after Oakland's Conor Jackson(notes) hit a foul ball that bounced back onto the field.

Horrifying TV replays from the Oakland broadcast show Stone positioning himself to catch Hamilton's throw, then tumbling over a railing as his young son watched. A man next to Stone tried to hold onto him, but couldn't.

Comment

Damn, it was a player who just tossed the ball into the crowd. Bet he feels like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        Damn, it was a player who just tossed the ball into the crowd. Bet he feels like shit.
        Especially considering it was Josh Hamilton. Top pick in a past draft. Got into coke and alcohol. Almost threw away his life. Got sober, found god, won the MVP last year and now gives back to the community. This situation is not good for an addict

Comment

Originally posted by rado
          He's an idiot for doing it, plain and simple. IMO catching a fucking ball at a regular season game is not worth it, maybe the world series and even then; no way!
          What? Lol

Comment

Exactly, to much blah blah with no thought process.

Comment

Yea whatever, not my fault your gonna be a 195lb weakling soon. :lmao:

Comment

And I make you look small now, imagine how small I make you look at 195lbs. You just don't know...

You can beat me in bjjjj? Wow what a Fucken surprise, I don't even know what the fuck it is. :lmao:

Comment

I got 30 some lbs on your bitch ass now. You gonna loose 20 more lbs. :lmao:

Comment

It does when it's all I care about. Fuck bjj, I would just cheat, kick you in the nuts, bite, and scratch and scream. :lmao:

Comment

Still going to that baseball game this weekend?

We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

See if the jersey boy show reminds you of me. :ghey:

Comment

Nope:D I wear the pants in this bitch:) We're not going anymore...But tonight we have that show and then, some brewing place to chill at.

Well shit.

Hey, maybe sit in the highest seats you can at that gay fucking musical.

Lean way over a lot and don't hold on to the hand rails.

Comment

......some brewing place to chill at.
                            :disagree:

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                            He eats like a slob scrum.

He will eat clean for a week and then eat a bunch of snickers bars, panera bread etc.. He can't stick to any kind of diet for longer then a week.

Comment

Because I want to have some beers? lol
                              That's BS and you know it.... a "few beers" plus some food = 1000 garbage calories guaranteed...

Comment

Working...
                              X