No announcement yet.

Development Update: We're back online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development Update: We're back online!

Hello Everyone,

I guess many of you knew this was coming, and simply wanted to let you know what we are doing in an attempt to continually improve your enjoyment of what we offered here on superiormuscle.com. In order to serve the needs of our members, we also added a slew of improved features,. primarily because we want to continue to keep the site up to the standards you've come to appreciate, but also to allow us to continue to grow without losing the service to our members and our own internal standards. Behind the scenes we are discussing, brainstorming and working on getting a list of things we want to change on our web site/forum. These changes will gradually be applied. A few of them are done already: One of which is our forum codes has been upgraded! We have upgraded our forum to latest stable vBulletin 3.8.x. series, contains a plethora of new features. So, to the important bit: what's new in vBulletin 3.8?

Take some time to wander around the forums and you'll find new features and useful changes throughout the system. Of course, you won't be able to see everything until you play with it as an administrator and there is far too much to squeeze into a single announcement, so I'll my best to keep everyone updated with new information.

Well, let me give you a few tidbits on what's new.

Here's a few exciting changes:

New Profiles - You will notice that you now have a new profile layout. You may wish to take this opportunity to update it if you haven't in a while. You can even add a favorite YouTube video. I will let you know once this is functioning.

How about Custom Clubs / Social Groups? Always wanted a "I Love xxx" group? xxx fans club? Create a public group, or private group. Invite members to join, or just let them happen upon it! Moderate it, or allow a free-for-all! Your choice! You'll see a nice list of groups to join, and you can view the members/avatars of those who have joined your groups. You can leave messages, post pictures, etc.! Click "Quick Links" menu to get started!

If you are pleased with this site, please be sure to spread the word about us to your friends! If you need any help, or have any problems, please feel free to post your question in the appropriate area.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian; 10-01-11, 03:29 PM.

Thanks bro, didnt see this sticky before I posted mine.

Comment

i can "like" stuff now too. that's a little facebook-esque. can we add a "you're stupid" too? i think that'll be used more than the "like".

Comment

Originally posted by mofo View Post
        i can "like" stuff now too. that's a little facebook-esque. can we add a "you're stupid" too? i think that'll be used more than the "like".
        i just noticed that. that like shit needs to go, instead of comments everyone will like every God damn thing. Then you will have the "like" whores who just like everything for no reason.

Comment

like me?

Comment

lol Dana, you just liked blms post in the other thread. Lmfao

Comment

i'm going to like EVERYTHING.

Comment

don't be a cunt to prove a point you facebook slut. Lol

Comment

you just crushed my dreams.

Comment

nice tits

Comment

thanks. your's are pretty nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Schucz View Post
                        Hello Everyone,

I guess many of you knew this was coming, and simply wanted to let you know what we are doing in an attempt to continually improve your enjoyment of what we offered here on superiormuscle.com. In order to serve the needs of our members, we also added a slew of improved features,. primarily because we want to continue to keep the site up to the standards you've come to appreciate, but also to allow us to continue to grow without losing the service to our members and our own internal standards. Behind the scenes we are discussing, brainstorming and working on getting a list of things we want to change on our web site/forum. These changes will gradually be applied. A few of them are done already: One of which is our forum codes has been upgraded! We have upgraded our forum to latest stable vBulletin 3.8.x. series, contains a plethora of new features. So, to the important bit: what's new in vBulletin 3.8?

Take some time to wander around the forums and you'll find new features and useful changes throughout the system. Of course, you won't be able to see everything until you play with it as an administrator and there is far too much to squeeze into a single announcement, so I'll my best to keep everyone updated with new information.

Well, let me give you a few tidbits on what's new.

Here's a few exciting changes:

New Profiles - You will notice that you now have a new profile layout. You may wish to take this opportunity to update it if you haven't in a while. You can even add a favorite YouTube video. I will let you know once this is functioning.
                        In an effort

How about Custom Clubs / Social Groups? Always wanted a "I Love xxx" group? xxx fans club? Create a public group, or private group. Invite members to join, or just let them happen upon it! Moderate it, or allow a free-for-all! Your choice! You'll see a nice list of groups to join, and you can view the members/avatars of those who have joined your groups. You can leave messages, post pictures, etc.! Click "Quick Links" menu to get started!

it is now functioning and we welcome anyone to start submitting all your favorite videos from YouTube and others.

Let me know if you need any additional categories added...

If you are pleased with this site, please be sure to spread the word about us to your friends! If you need any help, or have any problems, please feel free to post your question in the appropriate area.

Cheers,
                        Brian
                        Ok, so as quoted from my previous announcement.

I asked everyone to take some time to wander around the forums and you'll find new features and useful changes throughout the system. But there is far too much to squeeze into a single announcement, as promised, I'll be posting new information daily. Be sure to check back each day for an update!

So what's other exciting changes:

Reciprocal Friendships Between Users

As part of our new social networking system, users can now request that people on their buddy list confirm their friendship, after which time a person's list of confirmed friends will be viewable to other users.

Public Messaging

While private messages between users have been in vBulletin since version 2.0, vBulletin 3.7 introduces the public messaging system, allowing users to communicate publicly via their profile pages.

User Picture Galleries

vBulletin users can now create albums and upload pictures to their account.

The ability to view these albums and pictures can be limited by the user to just board staff and people on their buddy list if they want privacy.

User-Created Social Groups

To further social cohesion between users and to encourage people to make friends, vBulletin now includes a facility to allow users to create their own social/interest groups.

These groups are enhanced by having their own public messaging system, and the ability to add pictures to the group from user albums.

New Member Profile Page

In order to accomodate all the new features in vBulletin 3.7, the member profile page has been completely redesigned from the ground up.

The new page presents information in a far cleaner and more logical manner, while dividing up information into manageable chunks using a tabbed interface.

Individual profile field categories can be displayed alone in blocks in the right column, in addition to appearing by default in the 'About Me' tab.

Member Customization of Profile Page

The administrator may choose to allow his members to use the profile page customization tool, which allows users to alter fonts, colors, background and borders etc. of their profile page in order to create a more personalized look.

Attachment Viewing Lightbox

Clicking on an attached image will now open a lightbox rather than open a new window, with the image scaled to fit the browser viewport. A click on the image in the lightbox will open it in a new window as before.

And many many more... We invite everybody to come and take a look, browse around and play with all the new options. And if you happen to run into a broken image, a php warning in the header or a database error, feel free to report back in this thread and we will try to confirm it and report it to vBulletin.

Cheers,
                        Brian & Staff

Comment

Hell yea, welcome to the modern forum club :)

Just so that everybody know that we want to know what you like, what you don't like, and what you want to see. These are early days, so we need you to help shape our direction. Have a look around, poke at things, and give us your feedback.

You might stumble on some cool things, but we're also going to highlight features and concepts in the in this thread on this forum. Keep checking back for more.

Comment

Well, after the bumpy roller coaster ride for things to settle in, finally everything is running smoothly as what we expected. Therefore I'd like to take this opportunity to update you guys the latest movement on this forum..

What happened recently? and what have you noticed?

The most obvious change is the addition of the New style and I also believe that there are still members confused with the new style, therefore today I’m here to clear your doubt.

Well, the new templates were designed with the goals of streamlining the user interface, making for cleaner layout and easier navigation. Many of the less-frequently-used controls are now contained within popup menus, which you can identify for the most part by a word followed by the image. Clicking these links will pop open a menu containing more in-depth controls for the page you are viewing. For users without JavaScript capabilities, alternative layouts are displayed, making the best use of space possible.

Additionally, you will find that many elements of the interface can now be collapsed or minimized using the buttons in order to further reduce screen clutter. If cookies are enabled on your browser, your collapsed element preferences will be automatically saved for the next time you view a page of that type..

I hope you like the look and functionality.

Have fun, click on all the buttons and see where they take you!

On the other side, we were working hard to bring SM to he next level by allowing our users to be able acceess this forum via their Smartphone. So, hereby, I am pleased to announce the availability of the SM (superiormuscle) Mobile application for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad as well as Android OS devices.

The app allows you to interact with SM directly from your mobile device, without the need to use a web browser.

So the question now is, how to get onto this? Well, all you need to do is to search for this app from your app store "Forumrunner" install it and you're done. Yeah, simple as it is. And whatnot, it's completely free. :) But there's also another version which cost you about $1.99 . More info here.

Once again as you know we were upgrading the software we use here on SM and as such I wanted to let you know you might experience some intermittent availability while we undertake this essential upgrade work. Please hang in there if you do find SM appears to be offline for a few mins every now and then.

I don't want to temporarily close SM as there is no need to do this, and most of you should experience no interruptions to service whatsoever.

I am sure that somewhere along the line I will have missed some elements of functionality etc, so if you spot something I have missed, or that you know was there previously but isn't any more - please start a thread here and I shall add it to the to-do list.

As ever, please shout if you're experiencing serious issues.

That's all for now. This thread will be kept to let everybody in on what's been happening behind the scenes, to update you on some new features, and to remind everyone of some things they may have forgotten.

Cheers,
                            Brian

Comment

and we still got a new logo coming in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X