Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon releases $79 Kindle and $199 Tab Computer

Live from Amazon's tablet event in NYC! -- Engadget

Amazon.com Inc. on Wednesday unveiled the Kindle Fire tablet, which at half the price, could be the biggest challenger to Apple Inc.'s dominant iPad tablet.

The Kindle Fire will have a 7-inch display and sell for $199, compared with $499 for Apple’s cheapest iPad, Amazon executives told Bloomberg News. The device, a souped-up version of the Kindle electronic-book reader, will run on Google Inc.’s Android software, the Seattle-based company said.

So they made a Nook color.

Too late bitches.

Comment

haha deca, amazon will sell more of these in 6 months then a POS nook in its lifetime.

Comment

Badass. They are now competing with the iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          haha deca, amazon will sell more of these in 6 months then a POS nook in its lifetime.

And for $99 more you could have had one.....not that dead tech shitty HP.

BOOM!

Comment

Touchpad is bigger screen, higher res, faster processer, and has a working android port in beta phase right now.

in other words, you dont know shit hillbiller. :P

Comment

Just bought another Kindle for $114 :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                Just bought another Kindle for $114 :mad:
                call amazon and tell them. sana did that with her second kindle before they lowered the price.

she called up and they refunded $75 to her credit card!!

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  Yep.

I think Amazon hit a homefuckingrun with this thing, as long as everyone is eager to jump in the entire Amazon ecosystem.

I think I will pick one up in December, unless a couple of 7" android tabs I am checking out go below $200 by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                    Yep.

I think Amazon hit a homefuckingrun with this thing, as long as everyone is eager to jump in the entire Amazon ecosystem.

I think I will pick one up in December, unless a couple of 7" android tabs I am checking out go below $200 by then.
                    Supposedly in January they are releasing another one. It'll be a 10", etc. Could be hearsay and will be more than $200, obviously.

B - I did contact Amazon and they refunded me the difference of the one I bought and it's current price, which is $99. Great customer service!

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post

B - I did contact Amazon and they refunded me the difference of the one I bought and it's current price, which is $99. Great customer service!
                      yup, they are doing everything right as a company. apple better get ready for the storm.

Comment

Working...
                      X