Turbo - Video Editing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo - Video Editing Question

Hey bro, sorry lost track of the other thread where I had asked you a question about video editing.

I have both an SD camcorder (mini DV with 1394 output) and a HD camcorder with HDMI output). I want to transfer the SD content to DVD and the HD content to Bluray. I have a DVD writer but don't have a bluray burner.
    What is the best software to take input from a mini DV camcorder and can create a DVD with menus and stuff and burn it? I have used some freeware programs from Sourceforge to create DVDs from other movies I shot with my iphone but I haven't really done anything with the mini DV camcorder content.

Also, what do I need to do the same for a Bluray? I will look into bluray burners but I am in no hurry for that.

Thanks!

this doesnt answer your question but are you doing this just for preservation purposes?

because you could stream that shit right to your tv from your computer in HD no disk needed.

you can also upload your videos and images to one or many of the cloud option available online that will keep your shit saved if for example you were to lose your computer in a house fire or something like that.

i guess what i am saying is that i cant really think of a reason to put anything on a disk anymore.

Comment

Yeah, just for preservation. I am constantly backing stuff off my camcorder on to my computer. I suppose I can keep multiple backups and just hook up my computer to the TV when needed to watch the videos, but it would be kinda nice to edit the video, put menus, etc.

Comment

Why would you need to hook up your computer to the TV?

You have a PS3, you can stream anything you have on your computer right to it over Wifi

also, there are many free Cloud options bro. Box | Online file sharing, content management, collaboration gives you 5 gigs for free and then if you want more a small fee. these are much better options then a simple disk because if you were to have a house fire for example, that dvd or blu ray would be fucked along with your computer. by putting it in the cloud you get those images and videos safe and away from harm on a server.

Comment

i am with bouncer. the only time i actually burn a DVD is when i need to send my video files to people who aren't tech savvy. when i do burn disks for stuff i use imovie and idvd but that's software available for macs.

Comment

Wouldn't waste money on Bluray burner, steam to tv is much easier. Burner and the disks are expensive.

Make multiple back ups on HDD and thumb drives if you truly want to attempt to cover your ass.

Will post more after the fight.

Comment

My TV is network enabled, so i could stream directly on it. Do I need to do anything special on the PS3 or TV side to find the right directories and files on the computer? My router is configured to grant access by MAC address.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
                My TV is network enabled, so i could stream directly on it. Do I need to do anything special on the PS3 or TV side to find the right directories and files on the computer? My router is configured to grant access by MAC address.
                Your ps3 can see the files on your computer that you want it to. Just google "streaming videos to ps3 from computer".

Comment

Ok... Install tvmobili DLNA server on my Mac and my ps3 can see the files now. Some files play, others show up as corrupted, maybe some codec problem? I need to debug, but at least connectivity seems to be there. Thanks guys!

Comment

Ok... Install tvmobili DLNA server on my Mac and my ps3 can see the files now. Some files play, others show up as corrupted, maybe some codec problem? I need to debug, but at least connectivity seems to be there. Thanks guys!
                    Use vlc player to play the movies and vids

Comment

Most program you would ever need for anything in an easy all in one download...

www.ninite.com

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                        Most program you would ever need for anything in an easy all in one download...

Ninite - Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once
                        yea, great link.

Comment

Thanks, BLM!

Yeah, installed PS3 media server on my Mac and got to link up with the PS3. I've got to work with the video formats. For some reason, the camcorder movies that are in .mov format don't want to play over the wire. Got all my pictures to stream on slideshow mode, so I know the connections are fine.

Comment

Thanks, BLM!

Yeah, installed PS3 media server on my Mac and got to link up with the PS3. I've got to work with the video formats. For some reason, the camcorder movies that are in .mov format don't want to play over the wire. Got all my pictures to stream on slideshow mode, so I know the connections are fine.
                            Vlc to decode and play the video dipstick.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                              Looks like a great site but have no fucking clue wtf it's about other than DL all sorts of great shit at once lol.
                              its exactly that. for example if you get a new computer or do a clean install of an existing computer you need to go and download all the programs you use individually.

that site makes it easy, you select what you want and it installs all your programs at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X