Canceled Netflix and went with Amazon Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canceled Netflix and went with Amazon Prime

So Amazon prime is about the same price as netflix but prime members also get second day free shipping on all amazon products. Considering we order all the time from amazon this is a big plus.

In terms of the streaming selection, its pretty much the same as netflix, no new major hits or anything like that but tons of documentaries, science shows etc.. that I watch when I am eating or something.

So for $80 a year you get the same service as netflix plus 2nd day free shipping on amazon products and for that reason its a better deal then netflix.

Anyone can try amazon prime free for a month if you want to check it out.

i get amazon prime for free because i am a student.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
      i get amazon prime for free because i am a student.
      free for 6 months right?

what about the streaming service? do they give you that also?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        free for 6 months right?

what about the streaming service? do they give you that also?
        for a year. I just stream to any device. Is it available for PS3?

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
          for a year. I just stream to any device. Is it available for PS3?
          cool.

i dont think they have an app for the ps3 but i wonder if you could use the ps3 browser to go to the site and stream? i am gonna go try it.

Comment

cool. let us know if it works.

Comment

Just tried it with the PS3, it lets you log into amazon, go to the streaming section and select the movie or show, but when you try to press the "watch now" button the little curser does not change to the little hand and you cant click on the watch now button. the curser works fine on the whole rest of the site. i am sure it was done on purpose.

Comment

yea probably. those bastards.

Comment

I'm thinking of doing this too. I think you can get a Roku player and it will stream Amazon Prine for you.

Comment

Not being able to watch Amazon Prime on the iPhone is a dealbreaker for me. I do it all the time right now with Netflix when I am in bed for say a half hour before going to sleep.

Comment

Amazon Prime will be one of the best decisions you have made. I have had it for two years and love it. Also, Amazon has a lot of made in the USA products which is important to me as well.

Comment

Can't say enough good things about Amazon. I've had Prime for about 6 years now and have ordered everything under the sun - from toilet paper, groceries, clothes, the whole nine. I belong to another board of mostly women and they have a thread dedicated to just Amazon finds. I have gotten SO many good deals.

Student Prime is great, but it only gives you the shipping. You can upgrade to Prime with all the benefits for $40.

Not only do you get great shipping and streaming, but you (Sana) can borrow Kindle books from the new Amazon library, as well.

Amazon has fantastic customer service, too!

Comment

Im also on the same all- women board. I'm looking for recipes.

Im going to have to check out that stuff, things are sure different now a days. I do like the books on device ideas though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
                            I'm thinking of doing this too. I think you can get a Roku player and it will stream Amazon Prine for you.
                            Yea or you could hook up your laptop that has hdmi out to your home theater. The Lenovo I have on order has hdmi out so that is what I will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
                              Not being able to watch Amazon Prime on the iPhone is a dealbreaker for me. I do it all the time right now with Netflix when I am in bed for say a half hour before going to sleep.
                              You can watch amazon prime through the browser on iPhone. There is no app though.

Comment

Working...
                              X