Leaving for NY in less than a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving for NY in less than a week

So we are flying into Newark, staying in Jersey for 2 nights, then we are going to (is Manhattan in NY by times sq?) for the remaining 2 nights...

I couldn't find the last thread I started on this but if anyone has any recommendations for pizza, any food, anything touristy for my wife lmk and thanks.

Is it pretty cold out there? My wife keeps hammering me to get a jacket for the cold but I have been procrastinating.

What kind of stuff do you like to do? I mean, there's enough there to spend 2+ weeks and still not see everything.

When we went, we went to the Statue of Liberty, American Museum of Natural History, Museum of Modern Art, did the boat cruise around Manhattan, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, visited the Intrepid Air and Space Museum, etc. Also spent an afternoon in Central Park and visited Dylan's Candy Bar. Also went up the Empire State Didn't get to go to the Bronx Zoo or the Guggenheim Museum. Also I've heard that the bus tour around Manhattan is good, but I didn't do it. There's lots and lots of stuff to do, more than you can accommodate in a week.

Comment

Thx scrum I think at leasst half of those things are on the wifes list. Did you guys have fun??

Comment

It was a blast, bro. Everyone had fun including the kids who loved riding the subway all over the place. Easily my favorite city, would love to move there if I hit the lottery lol.....

Comment

It's about 55 degrees during the day 35-40 at night. Nyc is windy so yes you will need a jacket. Food, just look up top places to eat in NYC. To many places to name bro.

Don't judge jersey by what you see in Newark, it's a very small part of jersey and it is the shittiest part. Lol

Comment

Ok bro, thanks for the heads up on temps. First two nights I guess are on "the harbor" I think its like weewakin? On the boarder of jersey city hobokin? We havent booked our 2nd two nights (whenwe go to manhattan). Any suggs for something nice and cheap?

Comment

Cheap, in Manhattan, ha!

Make sure you go to the Ferrara Bakery in Little Italy. The cannoli's are SO good.

Patzeria Pizza on 46th is really good and also listed as like the top pizza place in that area.

Grab a gyro from the street vendors. Pick the one with the long line. They are not all created equal.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
                Ok bro, thanks for the heads up on temps. First two nights I guess are on "the harbor" I think its like weewakin? On the boarder of jersey city hobokin? We havent booked our 2nd two nights (whenwe go to manhattan). Any suggs for something nice and cheap?
                you gonna be right in my old neighborhood. just remember when you arrive in jersey that bouncer once walked those grounds. :weights:

one place that you really should not miss is Shake Shack. cheap fast food but fast food done in a way that you probably havent had before. lines can be long but its worth a wait. look up the locations, there are 2 or 3 downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                  Pick the one with the long line. They are not all created equal.
                  good advice and this goes for resraunts in any city. packed places are the best. the locals are there for a reason. to have the attitude of "i think i will go to the place with less people so i dont have to wait" is a mistake.

Comment

Sweet thanks for all the input.

We'll checkout Shake Shack for sure. Fast food is perfect (want to save costs so def don't wana do too many nice sit down places)

No joke FitnessBrat, the hotels are averaging to be 2/3x more per night than Jersey so yeah LOL at cheap and Manhattan.

But while in Manhattan we will def check out the Ferrara Bakery and grab a canoli. I've never had a canoli. We were hoping someone would give us a rec on pizza so we'll give Patzeria a go. Prob eat a couple gyro's if they're easily accessible...anything I can do to buffer the cost of 2 nights in Manhattan at $300/night :(

I'll be reporting back if we don't get robbed, mugged, raped, and killed.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
                      We were hoping someone would give us a rec on pizza so we'll give Patzeria a go.
                      here is your pizza. i say the same thing every time but its true. gotta go to the first pizzeria in america.

http://www.firstpizza.com/

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                        here is your pizza. i say the same thing every time but its true. gotta go to the first pizzeria in america.

http://www.firstpizza.com/
                        Yes. Last night my wife said that was on her list. I have a feeling that we will be eating pizza at least 4-5x while there.

What about gyms in the Jersey City Hobokin Harbor weewakin area? I want to check out at least one gym while on the east coast. Either myself or my wife and I will go at least one day within the four days we're gone. I would take the week off completely but just want to check out a cool gym one day.

Comment

its about 30 minutes west of where you are at but this is THE gym in north jersey. Diamond Gym, Home of the Hardcore Maplewood, NJ - Home

other one would be Bev Francis gym about an hour east of where you will be in long island

NYC itself has no real hardcore gym just basic golds and shit that are not hardcore gym by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                            its about 30 minutes west of where you are at but this is THE gym in north jersey. Diamond Gym, Home of the Hardcore Maplewood, NJ - Home

other one would be Bev Francis gym about an hour east of where you will be in long island

NYC itself has no real hardcore gym just basic golds and shit that are not hardcore gym by any means.
                            Tempted to check out the Bev. If not we'll peep Diamond. Thanks bro.

Comment

Shit pizza, shit gym, shit website.

Fuck Jersey.

Comment

Working...
                              X