Why can't we do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't we do this?

Easily the best anthem in sports.... Why can't we do this here with the crowd singing instead of some dipshit who's there to promote his/her new album?

I'm not Welsh but this gives me goosebumps listening to 60,000 people sing the anthem. Also good to see Rob Howley there at scrumhalf. Great guy, classy, easily one of my favorite players at my position.

Welsh Anthem - Millenium Stadium - YouTube

Welsh dragons! Small country big heart

Comment

In the words of Rado, who gives a shit really? Lol

Comment

Agreed, what we should be discussing is the latest TMZ.com news...

Comment

:rofl:
          Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Agreed, what we should be discussing is the latest TMZ.com news...
          :rofl:

Comment

Our national anthem is a ridiculously difficult song to sing for most professional singers.

Comment

Yeah, but crowds do a decent job because when you a few thousand people singing, it blends out all the hard parts. Agreed that if you picked a random person to sing, it will sound like shit. The US soccer fans do it all the time.

Here are some good examples of the crowed singing our anthem. Sounds great, better than standing around eating nachos while some idiot puts his own twists on the song instead of just singing it straight like it's supposed to be.

Rene Rancourt performs U.S. Anthem prior to Game 6 6/13/11 - YouTube

National Anthems of 2006 Stanly Cup Finals, Game 6 - YouTube

I like the 2nd video - classy Canucks singing our anthem. Edmonton is such an awesome hockey town. Better than those dipshits in Toronto (paging Hitman.. :D) who booed our anthem.

Comment

jap anthem is best

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  jap anthem is best
                  Hmm...never heard it before. Next to the Welsh anthem, I like the South African anthem the best.. N'kosi Sikeleli Africa... awesome!

South Africa Anthem - Kings Park Durban - YouTube

Comment

My mate is SA and makes the whole family sing this when the rugby is on. His kids are english born and are like wtf lol!

Comment

Singing the anthem at the stadium = cool
                      Singing the anthem at home in front of the TV = weird

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                        Singing the anthem at the stadium = cool
                        Singing the anthem at home in front of the TV = weird
                        True warrior nations sing their anthems at big international events.

Don't the French get someone else to sing for them??

Comment

Haha Frenchies.... close call between them and the Wallabies on who I want to see getting crushed at every possible opportunity, but I think th Froggies take it by a hair lol...

Comment

France is a glorious nation. I relate very well with those sophisticats. England is a bit stone age for my fine taste.

Comment

Working...
                            X