What are you watching right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you watching right now?

Inspired by the "what are you reading right now" thread.

My favorite shows on TV right now in no particular order.

1.Top Chef (Bravo)

2.Next Iron Chef (Like this better then Top Chef) (Food Network)

3. Mythbusters (Discovery)

4. Mysteries at the Museum (Travel)

5. Anthony Bourdain No Reservations. His new show "The Layover" isnt bad either. (Travel)

6. Modern Family (ABC)

7. The Big Bang Theory (My favorite sitcom) (CBS and TBS re-runs)

8. Wheeler Dealers (2 brits that buy cheap cars and fix them up) (Velocity TV)

9. Top Gear UK and American version (BBC America and History Channel]

I was actually going to start this same thread, too. :)

I really don't watch very much tv. I like The Good Wife, and Grey's Anatomy.

Comment

The F Word
      Kitchen Nightmares

Cave of Forgotten Dreams (Netflix Instant)

Comment

Law & Order SVU. (always a favorite)
        NCIS(on everyday)
        Sons of Anarchy
        Chelsea Lately

Comment

Watching episode 1 of The Frozen Planet on 720p. 1080i doesn't want to stream over my network without stuttering.

Comment

Pawn Stars has got to be my favorite right now. Chumley is a fuckin trip....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
              Watching episode 1 of The Frozen Planet on 720p. 1080i doesn't want to stream over my network without stuttering.
              I told you to never try 1080 anything. To much information for wireless to handle. Especially if it's dts or dd surround.

Comment

Yep, except mine doesn't want to play without stuttering even wired. I am running off a really old computer, so it might be processor limited. Or it might be my pos router lol.... May need to get a better one there as well. My router is about 5 years old.The file I have is an mkv, so don't know what decoding is required on the fly to play this on the ps3. Good news is that I am in the process of building a core i5 desktop, so I should have a screaming machine in a couple of months.

Comment

Yep, except mine doesn't want to play without stuttering even wired. I am running off a really old computer, so it might be processor limited. Or it might be my pos router lol.... May need to get a better one there as well. My router is about 5 years old.The file I have is an mkv, so don't know what decoding is required on the fly to play this on the ps3. Good news is that I am in the process of building a core i5 desktop, so I should have a screaming machine in a couple of months.
                  Your PS3 plays .mkv? Mine doesn't, I always have to convert them.

Comment

I don't think it plays it natively. I think PS3 media server decodes it. When I pull up the directory with the file in it on the TV screen, it gives me an option to pick an alternative stream which I assume is PS3 media server transcoding on the fly.

Comment

I have a core i5 6 gigs of ram and a new router. 1080p stutters constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000

Your PS3 plays .mkv? Mine doesn't, I always have to convert them.
                        Ps3 media server on your computer then stream to ps3

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER

I told you to never try 1080 anything. To much information for wireless to handle. Especially if it's dts or dd surround.
                          While hard wired is preferred a good wireless connection should work just fine especially in a small condo. I stream the 1080p on vudu via wireless flawlessly. No pixelation, no freezing, no audio loss.

Comment

Originally posted by blm

While hard wired is preferred a good wireless connection should work just fine especially in a small condo. I stream the 1080p on vudu via wireless flawlessly. No pixelation, no freezing, no audio loss.
                            Nah, that's not what I am talking about, I can do 1080p vudu just fine.

I am talking about pure uncompressed torrent 1080p files. Vudu, Netflix etc is compressed and optimized. Try downloading a 1080p file onto your computer them streaming it.

Comment

I gotcha

Comment

Working...
                              X