Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Navy Issues warning to Iran - "will not tolerate disruption to oil-trade route"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Navy Issues warning to Iran - "will not tolerate disruption to oil-trade route"

BBC News - US warns Iran over threat to block oil route

The US Navy has said it will not tolerate disruption to a vital oil-trade route, following an Iranian threat to close it.

Iran warned it would shut the Strait of Hormuz if the West imposed more sanctions over its nuclear programme.

The US and its allies believe Iran is trying to develop a nuclear weapon - a charge Tehran denies.

Reacting to Iran's warning, a US Fifth Fleet spokeswoman said it was "always ready to counter malevolent actions".

The Strait of Hormuz links the Gulf - and the oil-producing states of Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) - to the Indian Ocean. About 40% of the world's tanker-borne oil passes through it.

The US maintains a naval presence in the Gulf, largely to ensure the transport of oil remains open.

"The free flow of goods and services through the Strait of Hormuz is vital to regional and global prosperity," spokeswoman Rebecca Rebarich told the BBC, adding that the Navy would be ready to act if required.

"The US Navy is a flexible, multi-capable force committed to regional security and stability, always ready to counter malevolent actions to ensure freedom of navigation."

You starting to believe me yet?, wet going in there, then also pakistan, if we get into it with iran them russia could be forced to pick sides, very dangerous

Comment

US will level the earth and everything in it. War Nation of the gods!

Comment

Obama is in bed with big oil, he is a war monger and a puppet of the corporations.

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
          Obama is in bed with big oil, he is a war monger and a puppet of the corporations.
          other presidents arent in with big oil and would be cool with iran blocking the pass. lmao

nothing at all to do with obama

Comment

Originally posted by rado
            stop playing too many video games.
            USA has HAARP weather machine, makes nuclear bombs look like fucken spud guns.

Comment

Aaaaaaargh.........

HAARP Myths

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible

USA has HAARP weather machine, makes nuclear bombs look like fucken spud guns.
                Oh for fuck sake Alex Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca
                  Heard of the Bush family?

The entire government needs to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                    Aaaaaaargh.........

HAARP Myths
                    You wanna believe scrum I can feel it, show me the hard evidence it doesn't exist.

You think the nuclear bomb wasn't unbelievable at one point? Fact is they had to get it in action pretty quick. With a weather machine you can use it and no one knows. That website is called skeptoid which tells you ask you need to know account their approach to anything

Comment

Mr I does have a point in that cutting edge tech at some point was considered an almost impossibility or something seen only in science fiction movies.

That said I don't think the tech is anywhere close to having control of the weather in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                        Mr I does have a point in that cutting edge tech at some point was considered an almost impossibility or something seen only in science fiction movies.

That said I don't think the tech is anywhere close to having control of the weather in that regard.
                        Stealth tech was kept under wraps for as long as possible from memory. Its a game of world chess isn't it. Some countries brag about tech to frighten others, some keep it under wraps for a rainy day or covert ops

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                          Stealth tech was kept under wraps for as long as possible from memory. Its a game of world chess isn't it. Some countries brag about tech to frighten others, some keep it under wraps for a rainy day or covert ops
                          and at some point stealth tech was a far off dream that the tech of the day could not handle. question is, where are we in the timeline. is it still far off or considered impossible or does it already exist and kept under wraps. we can talk in circles all day but your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                            and at some point stealth tech was a far off dream that the tech of the day could not handle. question is, where are we in the timeline. is it still far off or considered impossible or does it already exist and kept under wraps. we can talk in circles all day but your guess is as good as mine.
                            absolutely, I remember my dad telling me as a kid that he watched james bond at the flicks and saw some guy with a jet pack on his back in the film. He laughed out loud with his arm round mums shoulder saying 'what bullshit will they come up with next in these films'

Couple days later he saw a news reel with the military demonstrating it for real:rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                              absolutely, I remember my dad telling me as a kid that he watched james bond at the flicks and saw some guy with a jet pack on his back in the film. He laughed out loud with his arm round mums shoulder saying 'what bullshit will they come up with next in these films'

Couple days later he saw a news reel with the military demonstrating it for real:rofl:
                              Mr.I we have a show here on Science Channel called Prophets of Science fiction. basically they are 1 hour long episodes about the top directors and writers of all the great science fiction movies, books, and films of the past. they talk about the same thing we are now. scifi stories from the past that are now actual fact.

check it out. Prophets of Science Fiction : Science Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X